iPhone/iPad 3g & iPhone 4 in Poland

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacNoobie, Apr 20, 2012.

1. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

I'm actually curious on the best way to go about using all of our devices in Poland. What I want to be able to do is to:

1. Use data, no I wont be downloading movies or apps but I would like to use google maps while driving or in case I'm lost.

2. Be able to call between phones while in Poland, wont be chatting for hours but again for emergency use.

The iPhone 3g is running what ever the latest iOS it can run, dont have the phone here so I cant verify but my iPhone 4 is running 5.1 and all the lastest stuff. Not too sure if the iPhone 4 is eligible for the unlock as I have a green light for upgrading but I may have to check later when the contract if any expires.

So really what I'm wondering is:

1. How to go about using data without it costing a fortune. I see AT&T offers international data plans and worse comes to worse I'll buy it. I've heard of pre paid micro sim's that offer data for cheap and not too sure what I'd need to do (jailbreak, unlock, piggy back sim, etc).

Thanks!

2. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

AT&T will unlock the 3G the iPad is factory unlocked the 4 can be unlocked if its off contract get sim cards in poland

3. MacNoobie thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

Any recommendations on providers? would like to know who's got the best coverage around Poland.

Will try and get the 3G unlocked.
    Will use a micro sim/mini sim in the iPad.
    Will see if the 4 is off contract. Any recommendations if its not?

4. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

If its not off contract dont use it,AT&T will charge you up the wazoo for data use it on wifi only.I'd use either T-mobile or Simplus.Not sure how Orange is in Poland