Iphone is almost here but do I want to pay a fortune a month for it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewMacGirl, May 15, 2008.

1. NewMacGirl macrumors regular

Now that its inevitable that the iphone is weeks if not days away, it really concentrates the mind and I'm asking myself

" Do I want to pay $30-$50-$70-$100 a month for it"

At the moment wer'e on First on three and literally my mobile bills are like $1-2 a month, really!

I crave an iphone but petrol, food and our mortgage has gone up so can I really justify a high monthly plan?? Our monthly costs have increased several hundred dollars this year too.

I would willingly buy it outright and pay $400 for it and only use wifi- I have no interest in the internet outside wifi areas.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. NewMacGirl thread starter macrumors regular

I could but the iphone is a phone too. I really hope I can get one without a data plan and pay as you go internet.

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

THE IPHONE IS A PHONE TOO? NOWAI! PIX OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

In order to get it without the data you have to get it unlocked. Good luck shelling out more for one of those.

Yeah, its a phone, but in the end its just a candybar with pretty icons you can touch, its not that big of a deal. You have a phone already? Good. Then just buy a touch and you'll have an MP3 player close to it.

5. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

But then he'll be carrying a phone and a Touch. The Iphone takes the place of both and its only 1 item to carry.

6. Xjett macrumors member

If I am not mistaken, I think if you call them, after you activate over itunes, you might be able to negotiate your Data plan. AT&T has always been pretty flexible with me.

7. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

Not in the iphone case I think. Can't you not activate it, and do the complete package of unlocking, activating, jailbreaking with iLiberty+?