iPhone is doomed.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacKid1983, Sep 21, 2013.

1. MacKid1983 macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

2. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

3. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

This doesn't just apply to iPhones. Has there ever been an apple product in the last 15 years with universally good reception?

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

You don't have to please everybody to be successful. And actually sometimes trying to do so can be your downfall.

5. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Doomed? Apple sold over 57 million iphone 5's, and set to sell probably even more this time around. That in my opinion is not doomed. We read these dumb articles all the time.

Nothing to see here folks. Nothing

6. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i read another article that says 90% of the people who upgraded to the new iphone were already iphone users.

with such loyalty, apple can just release any crap it wants and people will line up to buy it.

especially when you see people who are willing to trade in their $2000 Luis Vuitton bags, or pay $3000 for a Gold phone on the street or say that its "not about the phone, its about keeping Steve Jobs memory alive".

I even wonder if many of these people actually know there are other brands on the market.

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Obviously, you didn't actually read the article.

It's explaining the reasons people claimed it was doomed, with each new release….but failure never happened!

8. Blau macrumors member

I hope everyone who read the article realizes that it was a joke.

9. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

10. ABC5S macrumors 68040

I know what he was saying, and I know it was a joke, but... my response is to those that post these doomed, and failure stuff without using a bit of common sense, but to rant on some forums including this one many times. ;)

11. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Interesting how so many commenters to that article didn't understand that he was making FUN of the "Apple is doomed" mentality, not endorsing it! A bit scary, actually....

12. apprunner macrumors regular

If you want a new, state of the art phone each year, Apple is the best way to do it. Resale is so high that it offsets the renewal costs. I do what a ton of people do here, use my wife's subsidy to get a new phone every year but the two year old iPhone offsets most of the new phone costs. :D

13. MacKid1983 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

Agreed.

14. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

ok let me explain it to you...

the article basically lists all the major complaints doomsayers had about the current as well as previous phones.

its widely known that every single iphone sale was a resounding success, despite these complaints.

hence, the article is ridiculing people who every year complain about what the iphone lacks since it will sell like hot cakes anyway.

clearer now?

15. WestCoastPro macrumors newbie

Sounds like MacRumors over the last 5 years. Verbatim.

16. CEmajr macrumors 601

You're right. The doom was predicted for both the iPod and the iPad when they were introduced. Then they went on to become wildly successful. The iPod even monopolized its market segment.

17. ABC5S macrumors 68040

As I mentioned, I was just responding to those in the article that posts these type of threads that do, not the person that wrote the article, and have complained about doomed apple on various forums. You got it now ;)???

18. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

In that respect, you're making the assumption that they're intelligent enough to realize your post is directed at them and actually refrain from acting like spoiled children that didn't get what they wanted from SantApple!

19. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Satire. The replies in defence in Apple in this thread are nearly as humorous. Actually, no.

20. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

21. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

.... OR, it could be that maybe Apple is selling a product that works well for them, the upgrades mean seamless transitions, and the ecosystem works well for them.

People will use what works for them. Apple is not putting a gun to anyone's head to keep buying iPhones. I've gone and seen what the competition offers, every year, and every year so far I've come to the conclusion that no one else has anything remotely compelling enough to make me want to switch.

The only people I've ever heard actually say this, are people who are parodying what they feel iSheep are saying. I've never heard heard a single person say this and truly mean it.

Besides, if someone really wants to keep Steve's memory alive, they wouldn't be buying the iPhone 5, or an iPad mini, or anything after the iPhone 4S.

22. Mrbobb macrumors 601

1. Why ask us, ask the author.

2. Don't believe everything you read on the Web.

We should pool all the "doomed" posts in one sub-forum, since ppl just can't resist.

23. gentlefury macrumors 68030

24. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

25. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

Nothing Apple makes can be considered "CRAP" this is just a ridiculous statement.