iPhone is the new IBM or Microsoft

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zellio, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

At one point it competed, or tried new things. Since the iphone 4, which was probably the best phone of all time, and the best jump that a phone has ever done, the iphone has added:

A crappy half baked female robot
    A map app that wants to waste your time and kill you
    A really lame icon that refuses to let you folder it... I mean, it's annoying and gets in your way like a really bad news reporter!
    A bunch of crazy colors for those who love my little pony and hate style
    manufactured enlargement
    Oh, and the headphone jack is on the bottom! *boom*

iPhone is now bland and boring, and for people who are loyal or stuck in a permanent Apple paradigm that they cannot escape from. The new kid on the block is Android.

Unless you are stuck in a paradigm or loyal, the only way to think different is to go Android.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

:rolleyes:

The iPhone is a tool for me, not a toy. If you want that new toy feeling by all means go Android, Windows phone, Firefox OS, or hell even Tizen.

3. Zellio thread starter macrumors 65816

Zellio

The iphone 4 had both of those. High res screen, the look, the speed, everything rocked.... well except the antenna.

4. zedzded macrumors regular

Yeah I don't care about my Iphone being bland and boring, like you said it's a tool. But it's not a particularly good tool is it? Or the best tool for the job?

----------

And the battery and the camera.

5. user-name-here macrumors 65816

For me it is.

I can use it one handed comfortably without having to shift my hand around (unlike 4.7" screens), it works consistently, gets continuous updates, good battery life, and the best apps first before any other OS does.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I disagree. I really dislike the iPhone 4, rolling into hate when you put it in one of those multi-colored fugly bumpers that they came with after antennagate. I waited another year for Sprint to get the iPhone 5 because I did not want this phone.

Switch your language. I use English UK. I get the male SIRI with a British accent. Or turn it off.
    No argument on this one
    Totally agree, totally hate Newstand. Fortunately, there is a non-jailbreak way to hide it and if you jailbreak you can make it disappear for good.
    I agree. Don't care for multicolor and plastic. Same reason I am waiting for the iOS7 jailbreak before I ever install iOS 7. The faster I can get iOS 7 themed away from the preschool primary colors the better.
    I actually prefer this. When I slip the phone into my pocket it's head first, which means the jack comes out of my pocket on the correct end. When I pull the phone out to see the screen it's facing the correct way. If the jack was on top, I'd have to put the phone in bottom first and then flip the screen around to see it.

I quite like my iPhone 5, thanks. :D

7. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

I think the OP just watched last years media event.

8. Mrbobb macrumors 601

9. Zellio thread starter macrumors 65816

Zellio

Are you referring to the trick that you could do a while back where you could quickly make a folder and then hide newstand in it?

This was to eyoungren...

10. zedzded macrumors regular

Ah, I take it you don't have a 5 then?

11. Zellio thread starter macrumors 65816

Zellio

Nah, last years event didn't have the fruity colors!

...Plus, they took away the glass back :mad:

12. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Ah, I take it you didn't get the memo that everyone's usage can be different then?

Sure if you are the type that plays Candy Crush on your 5 till it's dead, me? I use it for calls, surfing the web, email, messaging, reading books, scanning documents, GPS directions, MP3 player, organizer, camera, etc and I seem to make it through the day just fine.

13. zedzded macrumors regular

Oh no you DO have the 5! :eek:

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, there was a website or something that allowed you to do this. It required something neither my ancient PowerPC Macs or PCs had so I never tried it. But then, the iOS 6 jailbreak came in February so it didn't matter anymore.

15. Zellio thread starter macrumors 65816

Zellio

I believe that trick was patched a awhile back... Doesn't matter as I've been jailbroken for quite a while...

16. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Same here. I jailbroke my 3GS and my 5 on Feb. 13th (or whatever date it was that they publicly released the JB)..