iPhone iTunes download question Game of Thrones s2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sillywabbit, Feb 24, 2013.

1. sillywabbit macrumors 6502a

Preliminary information:
    I have an iPhone 5, a windows vista computer and a game of thrones season 2 code (it might be a lot gigabits as far as file size goes becuase it is an entire season) to redeem from iTunes.

At home, I laughable Internet speed. .7 mbs. (Yes, point seven)

QUESTION:

Can I go somewhere where with free fast wifi (any suggestions where, i checked a local starbucks speed and it was 1.5) where I can use my iPhone to redeem my iTunes code for game of thrones?

Once I download game of thrones on to my iPhone, can I plug in my iPhone to my windows computer and sync with my computer iTunes and my computer will Have game of thrones on it as well?

Or just forget it and sell my game of thrones iTunes code.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

Do you have an Apple Store near you?

Go there and download it (their Wi-Fi is very fast).

3. sillywabbit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I do have an apple store near by!!! Thanks so much for the tip!

Can anyone else answer if I bring my iPhone to download the game of thrones season, and then when I get home, plug the phone to my windows computer, will game of thrones also be on my computer by sync ?

Thanks in advance!

4. Baggio macrumors 6502

Why not just let iTunes on your computer download during night while you are sleeping?

It's slow, but you don't have wait for on your phone. Then just sync the episodes to your phone after iTunes downloads them.

5. sillywabbit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Problem, is I don't know how big the file is and 1 time I was downloading a movie *cough torrent* and it was not even finished over night.

Plus connection is unstable.

6. Baggio macrumors 6502

Well, there series is 10 episodes. Minimum of 1 hour per episode. It's probably going to take a long time even on a good connection on WiFi. Not sure you want to sit around at a public location for that long. Maybe download 1 episode at a time or take laptop to a good WiFi connection. I find that the iPhone 5 is very slow dowloading from the App Store and iTunes Store even with a good WiFi connections.

7. sillywabbit thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info. I decided to just sell the iTunes. Too much of a hassle for.