iPhone just went dead and am not able to switched it on anymore!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by linzy, Dec 22, 2008.

1. linzy macrumors newbie

I bought my iPhone less than 2 weeks ago from authorized Apple store.
    Send a text whilst in a subway to a friend, step out of train station, looked at iPhone and phone is dead. Tried to switched it on again but it failed to do so.. Weird cos my iPhone is fully charged. Didn't drop it etc. was in my pocket all the while.

Charged it again with charger on wall and still failed to switch on after several attempts of 'pressing the ON button' for a while. Plug into my mac, it notices hardware in iPhotos but still phone doesnt light up or switched on.

Is there something wrong with the battery etc. cos i've been reading the forums and apparently no one had this problem..please advise me on this..HELP!!

Thanks!!!;-) L

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Have you tried resetting the iPhone by holding the power and home buttons simultaneously for a few seconds?

3. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

Since you bought it from the apple store 2 weeks ago you definitely should have apple care (unless it is jailbroken). The best thing to do is make an appointment and they will probably replace it on the spot.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ Yup, do the hard boot, hold the home button and the on/off button and keep holding down until the silver apple is displayed on the screen. Then let go of buttons and the hard boot should be started...

5. bradenwh macrumors 6502

My friend's iPod Touch 2G did the exact same thing. It just, stopped working one day. Won't turn on, iTunes won't recognize it, hard reboot does nothing. She called Apple, and they're sending her a package to send it in.

6. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Try DFU mode, if not, just got to the Apple store.

7. linzy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

i just simply love this forum! Everytime im in a fix with either my mac or iphone, the geniuses here are always ready to fix the solution!!

Okay did the hard boot system (pressing down the ON and Home button simultaneously) for about 10secs. Took abt a min for hard rebooting but after that phone was working fine again! Didn't lose any messages/data/photos/apps/etc. Though im still curious as to what had happened...

Thanks a million you guys ;-)

Linzy Singapore