iPhone keynote announced August 7th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by QuickFlame, Jul 13, 2012.

1. QuickFlame macrumors member

http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/apple/iphone/apple-to-hold-iphone-5-keynote-on-august-7-says-report/

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

That's pretty soon. We'll see when Apple makes an announcement. I'm ready to upgrade my iPhone 4.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

That is an announcement of just a another rumor. :eek:It's an announcement when Apple says it.

4. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

I would love for this to be true. Howeber, I don't like that the report states the reason Apple is having the keynote early is to stop people's interest in the Galaxy S3. Apple has said on many occasions that they will not rush to compete with others. They say they want to make the best products. If they move up announcement because of Samsung then they are going back on what they said. (which is not impossible). This makes me A little skeptical but I absolutely want it to be true.

5. infinity12402 macrumors member

Just because they may bump up the announcement doesn't mean they may bump up the release. Like it says, they would probably do it just so people who have an upgrade know that its coming. I mean, of course, its still to stop people from jumping ship

6. rman726 macrumors 6502

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

What company is going to openly admit "We rushed a product to compete with XYZ"? The answer is "no company", at least not a smart one. I mean Apple was clearly ready with the 4S, especially that Siri feature, right? ;)

8. sportykid2332 macrumors regular

While I agree that they probably will not have the event next month, just remember that the "Let's Talk iPhone" event was at the Apple campus in Cupertino last year, not the Moscone Center or Yerba Buena Center.

I highly doubt an iphone announcement next month because they already said that iOS6 is coming in the Fall. August is very much still Summer. It's reasonable to say that the new phone and iOS will be featured at the same keynote.

9. batting1000 macrumors 604

People see "apple", "keynote", and a date and they go nuts.

Apple hasn't announced anything and looking at far iOS 6 has gotten, I don't think a keynote will occur for another few months at least.

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

Not happening. Maybe if it said September 7th. We all know it's time for the "analysts" to start throwing dates out there.

11. applefan022 macrumors 6502

hopefully an 7" ipad alongside with the iphone 5!

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I have my doubts. I maintain it's September or October.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

When was the keynote last year? I literally have no idea. But since we haven't ALREADY had an announcement (as in a June/July release) I suspect it will closely mirror whenever last year's even was.

14. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I can't wait until the LTE iPad comes out and people start realizing how fast they can burn through data on 4g. shytes gonna hit the fann call me a profit :rolleyes:

15. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Announcement will be Sept 25th

Release will be between Oct 2nd and Oct 5th

You heard it here first. This comes from a very reliable source in my head.

16. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

Doubt it.

17. batting1000 macrumors 604

October 4th.

18. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I agree with you. Makes no sense. It is like closing the barn door after all of the animals have gotten out. Galaxy S3 is already on the market and supposedly moving a keynote to offset competition that has already released is not valid. If they were going to do something like this, they would have done it well before the release.

19. mac.cali macrumors 65816

TechnoBuffalo knows $hi*. They can't get the day of the week right even with a calendar.

20. applefanDrew, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012

applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Nope. it's not happening on August 7. Dalrymple said so. Thread closed.

http://www.loopinsight.com/2012/07/13/apples-rumored-august-7-iphone-5-launch-event/

21. Indy21 macrumors 6502

Actually I already beat you to it, I predicted late Sept with early Oct release last week!

Of course I wasn't specific to the date, lol. Guess I got dibs on the 24th, then. :D

----------

Oh yeah, and I also hope this is true.:D

22. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

23. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

It's obvious iOS 6 is going to be released alongside the next iPhone, right? iOS 6 isn't released until the fall, and technically fall doesn't begin until September 21st this year. I still think it's going to be an October launch.