iPhone killer? The new iPod Touch is playing for blood...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Big.Mac.Daddy, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Wow, anyone see the new iPod Touch improvements? :eek:

GPS + 4inch screen + A5

Now someone could realistically go Dumbphone + iPod Touch >>> iPhone without missing too much. The addition of GPS makes it that much more tempting as you have all the functions of an iPhone around WiFi and when your not around WiFi (say driving in your car) you can still use an offline GPS app, say Navigon, to get around town to a place that does have WiFi if you need it.

Or you could simply carry a $40/mo MiFi that allows you to voip when not around WiFi.

Apple is playing a dangerous game if it includes GPS in its iPod Touch, but I can see them wanting to crush the GPS market so I understand why they are doing it.

2. Lyrical macrumors regular

Or you could buy an iPhone and have two in one? Save carrying two devices. ;)

3. Big.Mac.Daddy thread starter macrumors 6502a

And pay more than double the cost monthly of what you would pay with an iPod touch + dumbphone or iPod touch + MiFi ;)

4. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

Exactly, I hate carrying more devices then I have too.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

They also think the iPod Touch will be bumped to 16GB for the base. Can this be a sign that they will keep the 4S at 16GB instead of dropping it to 8GB? <crosses fingers> :D

6. Big.Mac.Daddy thread starter macrumors 6502a

For many people, besides yourself, the monthly savings would be very much worth it.

7. appswipe macrumors 6502

I barely make phonecalls so what Id actually want is an iPad Mini with phone service that I could tether to a dumb phone or a bluetooth Nano (watch or candybar).