iPhone Leaks - Chill Out...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FSMBP, May 30, 2012.

1. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Regardless if these recent iPhone leaks are legit or not (I think they are), people need to relax. You don't know what Apple would design/not design. You don't know Apple's design rules etc...

When the iPhone 4 leaks came, people said it was hideous & would be embarrassed to have one (see pic below from a post of someone who said just that, then got both the iPhone 4 & 4S). Not trying to single that poster out, but that was the general consensus on that thread.

Before freaking out, wait til it's actually released & you have seen it in person. I hated the iPhone 4 but when I actually saw it, it made my 3GS look like an old toy.

Attached Files:

2. Satnam1989, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012

Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Im there with ya buddy, I think people jus love to talk smack. I mean you gonna go buy it regardless of the design we all know it! odds of these people nagging not buying the next iPhone are next to none, They will be the first few to get it. It gets annoying when we see threads about people jus gong on about their hatred towards the design or this n that.

True facts for the people that are now/forever complaining about the iPhone:
    - No matter how much crap you talk now, you are going to buy the 'New iPhone'
    - If the iOS 6 doesn't impress you, you are still going to buy the 'New iPhone'
    - If the screen is wide, long, short or in any odd shape, you are going to buy the 'New iPhone'
    - No matter how much more money you have to "shell out", you are going to buy the 'New iPhone'

No matter how ugly, good or fuggly the 'New iPhone' is going to be/look, we all know you are going to brag, complement and over exaggerate about it to everyone like its the best damn thing that happened to you.....so why not I ask you....drop the b-u-l-l-******* and just chill out with the rumours? its not that hard....apple isn't going to impress YOU as a individual because I'm sorry to say but the world doesn't revolve around just YOU(This implies to those that make it sound like they are VIP and apple must bow down and present them the next best product according to their specifications).

Those that complain yet go buy every iPhone out there....if apple really cared about your comfort level/ideal iPhone with your specified screen size's, material and design then we all wouldn't have a revolutionary phone in our hands today that works and is nearly perfect in every way.

Just breathe and have a good day everyone, Apple is going to doing it again with its "most amazing iPhone yet"

3. rovex macrumors 65816

People are in no position to chill with the emergence of no new redesign.

4. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

6. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I never take anything as true till i see it on stage as most people. However i will very much consider not going to the next iPhone.

My reasons being that my contract isn't up till next year, so i would have to shell out a decent amount to get it anyways. The new iOS has really got to impress me in order to keep going with iPhone, and the dock connector being different really throws a wrench into all my accessories that i currently use with my phone.

I was kind of pissed at the design, but after thinking about it, i use a case anyways, always have. so anything i think looks "ugly" would be covered up anyways so i could care less what it looks like.

But i'm always curious :rolleyes:

And i was hoping for a wider screen as well, not just taller, but it's not a deal breaker

But like everyone has said, its apple's decision and until the day of release we won't know 100% for sure.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I loved the design of the iPhone 4 when it was first leaked. Today, I still think it's the best looking phone on the market. If apple keeps the same general appearance with some tweaks here and there and a larger screen, I'd be happy.

Still waiting for that notification led on the front though.. maybe in 2015.

8. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Why must there be a redesign? There only so many ways to build a minimalistic touchscreen phone or anything minimalistic for that matter. Look at the iPod classic, Mac Pro, or iMacs since '08 etc...all those items have major design changes but recent year changes are minor ones.

I'm not saying Apple shouldn't try to innovate but at some point the design changes will only be "it's thinner & lighter than the previous version".

Change for change's sake is stupid. Change should happen when it's necessary.

9. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

*shudders*

That was one of the reasons I gave up my work Blackberry. The bloody light always flashing at me.

10. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Why would you think people want a design change? Perhaps not everyone likes a glass and metal brick for their phone. Not to mention a lot of people clamoring for a larger display. This "leaked" design is essentially the same, just taller. I'm not a fan of the way it currently looks or feels, but stretching it out makes it even worse. I'd like my handheld device to be more ergonomic.

11. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

How on earth do you know how it feels? And how do you know it will have glass? As far as I know, no materials have been confirmed on the next iPhone.

My previous post didn't say anything about materials - I was talking about overall design. I personally hate the glass-back.

12. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Lol I want the guy in the screenshot to come speak up!

13. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Maybe you should re-read my post before questioning what I do or do not know. I hate the way the CURRENT phone feels...as in the 90 degree sides and flat back. Owning a 4S, pretty sure I know how it feels. A step further, the new (leaked) design carries over the 90 degree sides and flat back. I don't care what material it is....it's shaped like a flat brick, i.e. not ergonomic and not comfortable FOR ME.

Did your post say anything about materials? Nope. It spoke of a redesign. The current one is glass and metal. I said not everyone likes the current design...therefore, it's not a redesign just for the sake of a redesign.

People get so damn offended around here and don't even pay attention to what the hell was said.

14. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Glass/Metal aren't design - those are materials. If you read my original post you should see how jumping to conclusions about the next iPhone is stupid. Yes the current may not feel nice but that has nothing to do with next one. That is my whole point. I'm not saying anything about material changes are necessary or that the iPhone shouldn't change.

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's not as though this is a new thought. I said it this morning and someone got his panties ruffled as a result. I don't think you needed to single out a member though.

16. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

HAHAHA

sorry but if they DESIGNED the iphone to use plastic instead of metal and glass you would be saying otherwise.

People always knock on samsung and other makers because of their plastic like shells. Pretty sure that's part of the design of other phones, just like metal and glass is part of the design of the iPhone

17. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

No, you don't know what I would say. The original iPhone had plastic touchscreen, I still thought it was awesome when it was announced (it was then later changed to glass 6 weeks prior to production). I never knocked Nokia's recent phone (which is made of plastic but I think is sleek).

Apple could make an iPhone 4 with a non-glass back, but would you call that a redesign?

18. aztooh macrumors 6502a

You have some serious reading comprehension issues.

I don't care if it's plastic, sand, rock, glass, aluminum, stainless, steel....etc....I do not like the current design. I didn't say "the design is glass and metal". I was just simply stating what the current materials are. But that's irrelevant to what I'm saying. Regardless of material, I HATE THE DESIGN...I hate the 90 degree sides. I prefer sloping, more ergonomic sides.

19. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I didn't mean to single that poster out (as I stated above); I just picked a post from that thread that captured the general consensus of the thread. Lots of those members stated the same thing -that it looked "awful" & that they wouldn't buy the iPhone 4...however, since members signatures are updated (even on old posts), you see lots of them had purchased the iPhone 4.

It was just a gently reminder that people freak out at new things (ex. two tone back) & are quick to judge them; lesson is, don't be so quick to judge.

----------

Reread your earlier post, this is copy & pasted for it: " It spoke of a redesign. The current one is glass and metal. I said not everyone likes the current design...therefore, it's not a redesign just for the sake of a redesign."

Unless we're supposed to read your mind, that's exactly what you said.

Either way, you're taking away from the original purpose of the thread: No one knows what the next iPhone is going to look like. Regardless if the pics are real or not, don't be quick to judge.

20. aztooh macrumors 6502a

I'm not allowed to say more than one thing in a paragraph? I can't talk about materials and design? Do I have to spell out everything I'm saying? It's not reading minds. I don't like the design, period. And as someone else pointed out, materials are part of the design anyway. So use your brain.

What is this "don't be so quick to judge" crap? I'm judging what I see. I see the same basic shape, whether it's elongated or not. I prefer something with softer edges and I don't like the overall look of this "leak". I never once said "I HATE THE NEW IPHONE!!!!!". It's impossible to say that because we don't know what the new iPhone will look like! But I do hate this "new" design in the supposed leaked images. It's a free country, and I serve helping ensure that it stays that way, so I'll judge a stupid meaningless phone however I'd like. Thanks for playing though.

21. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

That makes one of us. I am deeply ingrained in the Apple ecosystem, but the addition of a notification led would be the one thing that could push me to another platform. That annoying light is the original reason I gave up my Blackberry back in 2009.

22. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Another reminder that judgement usually changes from seeing the pic vs real life. I too wasn't very fond of the iPhone 4 design when I seen pics posted. But when I finally seen one at the store I liked it and it's what I use today. Same with other phones and vice versa.

23. aztooh macrumors 6502a

I think the 4/4S are cool LOOKING phones. But their ergonomics suck, not to mention, it's a little small for me (I'm 6'2, no bk small hands guy). And how a hand-held device feels in my hand is a pretty important part of the package.

24. FSMBP thread starter macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Paragraphs are for cohesive thoughts - that's why people write more than one paragraph when writing about multiple aspects. We can't read your mind.

And the judge "crap" wasn't directed at you. I was stating the topic of the thread as you're hung up lecturing me about how you hate the iPhone's design. It's weird how you come onto my thread and say what you say. If you don't like the thread, no reason to be rude. It's just a phone - relax...

25. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Design, and the materials used to bring the design to life, go hand in hand. Not sure why you dont undersstand this