iPhone Library OK, want to sync to damaged itunes Library?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chocboy, Nov 5, 2012.

1. chocboy macrumors newbie

Alright, so here's the story:

I don't know why my iTunes library does this, but sometimes when I add an mp3 file and close iTunes the whole library becomes corrupted and I need to manually add each song back into iTunes again, along with all apps and iPhone content. Basically, my iTunes library is totally screwed up right now. My iPhone is fine, completely unchanged. I did transfer purchases and back it up. But then there remains the issue of backing up to iCloud (although I just backed it up manually to iTunes as well).

All I want is for my iTunes library to mirror that of my uncompromised iPhone. I have new mp3 songs I have in my library that I would like to add, but I am afraid if I sync it I will overwrite all my data on my iPhone. Please help, any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

3. chocboy thread starter macrumors newbie

I update it religiously, but that is not the issue here. Even if I reinstalled iTunes I would still have a raw library not customized to what I need on my iPhone. Is it possible to sync all my media point-blank and then refine it later by restoring from a backup? Just don't want to lose my folders, app preferences, playlists, etc. Especially my playlists, I lost those with my library.

4. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

press manually mange music and video?