iphone life cycle planning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by unbdm, Apr 15, 2013.

1. unbdm macrumors newbie

I've always made sure I bought Iphones at release dates, more in the interest of longevity than anything else. I'm generally not real concerned about new features, but am interested in having the latest greatest processor at the time I buy (again, for longevity more so that performance). I only upgrade when I get full discount from ATT.

With Verizon announcing 2 year upgrade cycle (no early upgrade), and assuming ATT may follow (worst case scenario thinking). I think having the latest processor (i.e. buying the full priced model, not the previous model that is discounted) is even more required.

That being said, my and my wife 4S are up for an upgrade, and I'm going to move my kids to Iphones; so 4 new iphones. I think it's too late in the iphone 5 life cycle to buy now... the 5 is a good phone now, but I'm wondering about it's performance in 2 years, running whatever the latest IOS is.

Am I being too conservative?

2. bondibeach macrumors newbie

yes you are! It is just a phone. Or buy 2 and get the 2 for your kids later...

3. maxosx macrumors 68020

I've had every iPhone. Since the 4, upgrades have been only incremental. I preferred my 4S to the 5 I have now. Buy what suits you now since all indicators suggest the next model will not be anything to wait for.

It seems that Apple is at least a year away from a significant iPhone upgrade. No reason to wait that long.

Don't forget to check out the competition, there are some great choices.