iPhone Light Leak when turned at an angle?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apple111115, Jan 3, 2012.

1. apple111115 macrumors regular

Does anyone else have this issue? Am I just picky?

When I turn the phone at an angle (only on lighter screens) I can see a thin white bar. Is this worth replacing? Thanks!

This is an iphone 4s

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Nope not worth replacing. You also risk getting a replacement with other issues

3. apple111115 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, do you have any issues?

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

5. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

pretty sure it's not light leak if you can see a bar of light on an angle.

anyways, this is normal. i see it on my iPhone 4 and i've seen it on other iPhone's as well.

6. miragebg macrumors 6502a

Give me your phone for about five minutes and I will find atleast two- three issues for sure;)
    I have played with more than 13 4S and none of them was perfect and issue- free. It is just about strict eyes and deeper observations = OCD;)

7. samven582 macrumors 6502a

One the reason I why haven't purchased a iPhone yet. I hate light bleed

8. matttye macrumors 601

Yes you're being picky. Don't worry about it.

9. apple111115 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. There is also a tiny whitish dot a very bottom, but you can only see that at an angle too, so that probably doesn't matter either.
    Yesterday it was raining out and I thought that a few drops of water could have gotten into the phone. Would this cause the white lines to get worse? I am probably just imagining it because I have OCD too! Have your phones ever gotten wet in the rain, any affects?

10. miragebg macrumors 6502a

11. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

I have a white dot in the corner when looking at a white screen at an angle. I've checked out other iphones at apple store, and half of them have similar "leaks" in the corner. So I didn't bother with it. It's not noticeable very often anyways.

It's also funny that one of reps said yeah he definitely sees it, and asked me to talk with the genius bar. Another one says he doesn't see anything. ;)

12. AndrewR23, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012

AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Anyways, every iPhone has some light bleed to some affect. My phone has it, but I don't look at it tilting because I don't tilt my phone when I use it.

OP, just think of the issues with a replacement. More light bleed, yellow washed out screens, the fact it will be refurbished (some people don't like refurbs, etc.)

13. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

Everyone can see the light bleed through the SIM card slot. So what's the problem?

14. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

my PSP had a bit of a light bleed and also I thing my first gen ipod touch. Just shake it off and continue on.

15. RIPstevejobs macrumors regular

lulz lulz do you really care about that ????

----------

omg yeah the iphone is cool but its just a phone dude! an electronic!

16. apple111115 thread starter macrumors regular

You guys are right, I am going to stop obsessing over my phone and just enjoy it!

Thanks for the wake up call! :)

17. therealjustin macrumors member

If you want to obsess even more try turning your phone into landscape mode while looking at the Settings apps\(Settings>General maybe) and see if the top half has darker whites than the bottom half. Most iPhones that have light bleed at the top also have this issue, mine included.

18. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

Are these happening on just the white iPhones?

19. Inopia-Vi macrumors regular

Nope, my black iPhone 4S also does leak a bit but only when view on a angle so large that it doesn't even show when viewed in front. It it was visible when looked directly, i would start to panic and head strait to the nearest apple store :D

20. apple111115 thread starter macrumors regular

Hehe, one more paranoid OCD iPhone owner question. :-D

Ok, so when my screen protector was applied, it needed up cover about a fourth of the home button. I don't really mind it, but I was wondering if it will make the whIte lines worse. WOuld this haPpen since when I push down on the home button, the screen protector is also attached to it. Do you see a screen protector cover the ome button a bit a problem? If your screen protector covers the home button at all, have you run into any problems? Also, the protector I am using is the Zagg Sheild Dry.

Thanks!