iPhone limited warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amirben2, Aug 14, 2012.

1. amirben2 macrumors newbie

So I had dropped my iPhone about 3 weeks ago and the display on the screen cracked but worked perfectly fine. Just last night my phone was tripping out and turns off by itself and now the home button doesnt work. I took it to the apple store and they said since i dropped my phone it voids my warranty. I know the home button is probably from me dropping the phone but how does me dropping it affect the battery? I checked in the warranty and it didnt say anything about how if i have hardware damage it voids my warranty? I just needed some clarification on what I could do with apple, if anything. Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, once your iphone has physical damage then its not covered under warranty any more.
    You cant walk in and say oh my battery is not that good, replace my smashed iphone for free.
    What you could do is pay the out of warranty replacement fee at Apple and get your phone replaced.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

Try going again. You may get a different Genius who will replace it. I've never heard of Apple not replacing it because it was dropped (in fact most will do a free one-time replacement).

4. amirben2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah he told me about the replacement and how it is $200. I think im going to go in again and try my luck. Btw do you know if i happen to go thru with the replacement, do they take the broken one?

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yes, they do. You can always call Apple and try giving them some sob story, etc. You never know.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can always try and hope you get someone that's willing to bend the rules for you.
    But its company policy not to replace it for free when it has physical or liquid damage.
    And yes they need to take in the broken one to give you that price, if not you will have to pay full price at $649 plus tax.