iPhone locked out for 42 years!

davejay00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Hi all,

We have a customers iPhone that they have managed to lock out, it states that it will be locked for another 42 years (22,000,000 minutes)! Even with a factory restore it does not resolve. We have an email policy that requires a PIN that they obviously got wrong on a few occasions.

Can anyone out there offer any advice please?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

regards
Dave

davejay00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
What about a DFU restore? These are set up on an exchange server I take it?
Many thanks for your prompt response.

Unfortunaly I am unable to connect to itunes because it says the phone is locked. the message on the iPhone states 'iPhone is disabled, try again in 22,000,000 minutes'

Regards
Dave

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Sounds like their company locked it remotely through their exchange server. Have your customer contact there system admin.

Fouracre44

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2012
Tell them to wait it out. Come on, it's really not that long. When it's unlocked, sell it and get an iphone 47, I hear apple might be finally giving the iPhone a larger screen. Oh trolololol.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
USA
You should still be able to put it into DFU mode if I'm not mistaken. Only after it's in DFU mode should you see the animation to connect it via USB to iTunes.

davejay00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
You guys are awesome! A DFU did indeed work even though the phone was locked out.

Many thanks to all (except Fouracre, although very funny)

Dave