iPhone Lockup on 4S... Curious Please read

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok, so last week I encountered the first issue I have every had with the 4S, it locked up on my to the point where the Power/Sleep button did not work, I hit the home button but nothing, so I had to recycle the phone.

After that I have not had it happen to me, and I was not using any app other than Calendar? so this is odd, but just curious if this has happened to anyone else or am I alone :rolleyes:

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Mine was similar. However I could not recycle the iPhone 4S. Plugging it into a Mac at the Apple store worked. I did see a Genius and the phone tested ok. He gave me the option of a new 4S, which I did.

Ive had every iPhone since 2007 and that has never happened before.

3. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I have had the 3G, 3GS, and 4 never had that happen, but when the 4S locked I was not sure what to do, so I said if it doesn not happen within a week, I will keep it, otherwise go see a Genius about replacing it,

So far two weeks later and I have no more lock ups, and I really have no issues like some folks are having, mine works really well, but I am not sure that I notice a diff with the antenna for calling, it seems just the same as my 4 on AT&T, basically I drop maybe one call per month and it all depends on where I am, but other than that, I have not one complaint and AT&T's CS is superior to VZ which I dumped 3 years ago.

4. newoverhere macrumors newbie

I had few lockups recently.

I had few lockups recently, had to do a hard reset to boot the phone (home + power button), it locked up again today when I was checking the usage.

Should I make a genius appointment and report this?

Attached Files:

5. Wicked1 thread starter macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I would if it continues, could be something wrong, as mine did lock up once, but has not done this again.

6. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

My 4s locked up.
    I asked Siri to make a call, and then another call came in.
    Locked up, wouldn't respond to itunes or anything.
    Performed a soft reset and all is well.
    Never had a lockup with my 3g, 3gs, or 4