iPhone lost all my music/videos (but it's still there)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Xino, May 28, 2010.

1. Xino macrumors member

I've got an iPhone 3g 16gb (running 3.1.3 and is jailbroken) and after downloading some podcasts using iTunes (on the iPhone itself) all my music and videos are "gone". I can see all music/video/etc is still on the iPhone because all the data is still used (when looking in Settings->General->About). I also used Terminal to look for the music. The music is still there organized in the way iPod does organize music. I used an alternative music player (from Cydia) to play these songs and they are still working. I tried to delete the iPod library file (via Terminal on the iPhone). After that I restarted the iPod application on my iPhone. It was showing a message it was organizing my library. After that, iPod was still not showing any music/video (except the downloaded podcasts).

When connecting to a computer, iTunes on that computer shows the playlists, music, video's, etc. so I think the library on the iPhone is still good. But for some reason the iPod application on my iPhone is just not showing my library...

The problem is I'm travelling for a few months and for that, I can't sync my iPhone with the computer that it's synced with... otherwise I just synced both.

Is there a way to recover the iPod application or library using just my iPhone (which is jailbroken so I have access to the file system) or a computer (which is not synced to my iPhone)?

Thanks for your help :)

2. Xino thread starter macrumors member

Problem fixed by downloading "SwapTunes" from Cydia and execute it twice.