Iphone making strange alert sounds.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DrDomVonDoom, Apr 27, 2012.

1. DrDomVonDoom macrumors 6502

DrDomVonDoom

This has been weirding me out, my iphone 4s with latest upgrade has been making weird beeping noises randomly. None of my
    Alerts match the tone and what freaked me out was my phone randomlu played the sound you get when you call a disconnected number. The one with the three tones that are each a higher tone then the last. Yeah that isnt supposed to happrn at all.

Anyone get weird noises? Is the government tracking me? Lol

2. magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

This may sound weird, but do you use the Xfinity app? I have it, and everytime I get an email to my Xfinity e-mail account it makes the most annoying noise, similar to what you're describing. As far as I can find, no way to change it either.

3. doc4x5 macrumors member

iPhone and strange alert sounds

My iPhone 4 also makes strange sounds, randomly. It also is up to date. I have the xfinity app but tried sending myself mail through it and it did not make the same sound. The sound is NOT among the choices on the phone and is clearly NOT related to email, phone calls or messages. It's been happening for a few weeks as best as I can tell. Any ideas?

4. MyScreenName macrumors newbie

My iPhone4 started making a strange noise this week. It sounds like a busy signal. No notifications are on the screen, no alerts and it stops when I hit the home key.

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Might be a dumb suggestion, but have you guys tried restoring your iPhones? If after restoring from a backup it still makes those noises, the only thing I can think of is to restore as new.

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

They've become Self-Aware! They're attempting to communicate!

I would first try deleting the Xfinity app. If it persists, then do a restore.