iPhone maps navigation issues confusion alternatives ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jasper84, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Jasper84 macrumors regular

I've had my first iPhone a 4s for about a month. I've used the maps app to navigate I've tried playing with settings its confusing. say I'm heading south and it says make a right on 21st street I'll make the right only to find out it wanted me to go left I follow the dot which is my current location. I really don't like using it to navigate my droid phone had a 3d map and everything was very easy female voice would say in 500 feet make a right on 21st street in 100 feet your destination will be on your right it also gave me options like avoid highways or tolls and offer alternate routes when there's traffic also when I reach my destination a street view picture of the address would appear showing say the front of the apt buildings address maybe I need to to read up on the iPhone maps app any one else feel as I do any success with a alternative navigation app ?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Give "Waze" a spin. I can honestly say the Maps app isn't the best navigation app.

3. Jasper84 thread starter macrumors regular

I just dled the waze app I'm gonna give a whirl this evening very cool app there's even a cartoon elephant I will name him Horton lol thanks for the info ;)

4. Jasper84 thread starter macrumors regular

I used haze navi today 100% better than google maps and very accurate up to just a few feet thanks

5. Djs621 macrumors regular

Get waze, it's free and apparently everyone likes it. I guess because it's looks fun and has cartoon characters on it I dunno. I personally use Tomtom thats not free but it's traffic service alone makes it worth every penny.

Or you could just wait for ios6 and have your cake and eat it too.

6. Jasper84 thread starter macrumors regular

I meant to type Waze lol I was just mentioning how much I liked the app it works very well. Did you get one of the TomTom models that include free map updates for life ?

7. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

iOS 6 comes out next month with a brand new maps application. 3d Maps an Turn-By-Turn so you don't have long to wait for a fix.

8. Djs621 macrumors regular

I have the tomtom iPhone app, I should have clarified. And yes, the the tomtom app comes with free updates