iphone music starts to play when plugged into car

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thinkadam, Mar 2, 2012.

1. thinkadam macrumors regular

Hey all,
    When I plug my iPhone into my usb in the car, the music app starts and automatically starts playing a song.
    This happens even when I'm on the phone using bluetooth and then I can't hear the caller.
    Is there any way to stop the music from coming on? I only plug it in for charging purposes..
    Thanks

2. DroidRules, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

DroidRules macrumors 65816

Plug it into the car when you're done with your call. Problem solved.

As far as it playing any time it's plugged in ??

3. PNutts, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012

PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Ignore the trolls. Mine does the same thing. I'll do a little searching.

Edit: My troll comment was not directed at the OP. :)

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It has nothing to do with trolling. That's just the way external iPod control works. My iPhone does the same thing in my car.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

:confused: I agreed with the OP, offered to search, and dismissed the post where OP was told to not plug it in while on the phone to solve the problem. Reading my post I can see where there can be confusion. I'll edit it.

6. DroidRules, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

DroidRules macrumors 65816

He was calling me a troll but didn't have the sack to actually say it. He said it was an issue while he talked on the phone when he plugged it into his car. How would you have him solve that problem? If it's better than plug your phone in after the call please let us all know what the solution is....... waiting......waiting..... Yeah thought so.

I then said I had no clue why it played when plugged in. (? is a question mark. ?? together means I don't know, as in I'm questioning why it does it. Figured you would need that explanation.) Tell me in what way either of those were troll statements.

7. thinkadam thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I did alot of searching. Some say it could be a car stereo thing.
    It seems to me it's an iPhone issue as the car accessories screen takes over and you can't even turn the music off.