iPhone + New Blackberry = Perfect Duo!

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
Today I received the newest Blackberry(yes they are still around):

http://www.cnet.com/products/blackberry-passport/

And I must admit that the BBerry + IP6+ is an amazing combo. Haven't owned a blackberry for years thus I forgot how easy it is to type on an actual physical keyboard.

I picked up a cheap T-Mobile data only Sim card for $20 and intend on using the blackberry for nothing more than an email device.

Good for blackberry for finally coming out with a somewhat innovative product while sticking to their heritage.

richardbb85

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2009

And I must admit that the BBerry + IP6+ is an amazing combo. Haven't owned a blackberry for years thus I forgot how easy it is to type on an actual physical keyboard.

I picked up a cheap T-Mobile data only Sim card for $20 and intend on using the blackberry for nothing more than an email device.

Good for blackberry for finally coming out with a somewhat innovative product while sticking to their heritage.
so u paid 600 for the phone n u have to carry 2 phones everywhere? smh

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
While I love the passport and want blackberry to make a comeback... there's no way in hell I would carry around 2 phones on me.

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
I don't mind carrying both, the Blackberry won't come with me everywhere, only during peak business hours.

It really is like riding a bike, feels liberating to use the physical keyboard again.

Caesars

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2013
I'd try that Combo out, currently using the ip6 and lgg3. I planned to do note 4/iphone6 but if blackberry has made something good (finally after years) is at least give it a shot.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I don't mind carrying both, the Blackberry won't come with me everywhere, only during peak business hours.

It really is like riding a bike, feels liberating to use the physical keyboard again.
The passport is rather beautiful I must admit:
- square screen for a non cramped viewing experience
- huge 3500mAh battery
- snapdragon 801 and 3gb of RAM
- ability to swipe across the keyboard like a trackpad

Very cool stuff indeed, hope it turns out to be a big success for BB among the business types.

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
Ya but is the iPhone email functionality THAT bad where it warrants a $600 purchase and a second device lugged around? Lol
Absolutely not, it's strictly a luxury purchase. I have been using the dictation functionality on the iPhone recently, really such a great alternative to actually typing.

snatchel

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
I'm in the two phone crowd as well.... My personal phone is an iPhone 5S, and my work phone is an iPhone 6+.

Carrying two phones sucks. I usually leave my personal phone in the truck and only use it for pandora and the like. My company is pretty generous with our company phones and how we use it...but I got nailed a few months back for using >8 gigs of data, so I keep the personal phone around.

Re: iPhone 6 Plus email---- all I know is landscape keyboard & display on iP6+ is fantaaaaastic. Leaps and bounds over any previous iPhone.

mtneer

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2012
You think the same as Paris Hilton

Ouch!!!!

----------

If email is such a deal clincher for you that you will not only pay $600 more, but also carry another device and care for it to be charged and functional - then I think you really should ditch the iPhone and go all Blackberry.

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
Not a chance I would give up the iPhone, again for me, its not really all that much of a pain in the ass to carry 2 devices.

I need to get myself some Gucci gloves like Paris, those are hot!

Ouch!!!!

----------

If email is such a deal clincher for you that you will not only pay $600 more, but also carry another device and care for it to be charged and functional - then I think you really should ditch the iPhone and go all Blackberry.

mtneer

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2012
Do you have your Blackberry on the same family share plan as the iPhone?

dsa420

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2007
Nope, iphone is with verizon, blackberry is contract free under Tmobile for $20 a month, only data. The phone only supports GSM, so only ATT or Tmobile.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

Good for you. BB was my first smartphone and will always have a soft spot for me. Check out Tim Allen on Jimmy Kimmel ;) http://youtu.be/SoqQtDESbng

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
Not a chance I would give up the iPhone, again for me, its not really all that much of a pain in the ass to carry 2 devices.

I need to get myself some Gucci gloves like Paris, those are hot!
Assuming you're a female.

Or you really love Gucci

Or you're sarcastic lol

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I myself am still partial to BlackBerry devices as well. If I get a job that requires me to have a device to email a lot and it's BYOD, I will get a BB too. Nothing wrong with email on the iPhone per se, but I love typing them on that BB keyboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.