Iphone next generation camera

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
how would we know? we just read rumours that are just as likely to be wrong as they are right. :confused:
The 8mp rumour was released weeks after the Iphone 4 and it was correct.

They have a choice go with 8mp again, 12mp which other smart phones have or 10mp.

No other mobile phone company has tried a 10mp so perhaps Apple can improve the optics a bit to replace a camera altogether?

Would the A6 processor support upto 60 frame video recording in HD?

mach

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
I can almost guarantee it will not. Even though the resolution of the cameras is (according to this rumor) the same, the Nikon has a much larger sensor than the iPhone has/will have, and more importantly, much better (and interchangeable) lenses. The lens is what contributes most to a beautiful photo.

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
I can almost guarantee it will not. Even though the resolution of the cameras is (according to this rumor) the same, the Nikon has a much larger sensor than the iPhone has/will have, and more importantly, much better (and interchangeable) lenses. The lens is what contributes most to a beautiful photo.
Bingo! Even with larger MP on cameras their still held back by the lens. Don't get me wrong, the 4S, SGII etc take excellent pictures and video ---> for a mobile phone. But a digi cam still excells.

Now the plus side to the phones pic quality is it's still very good and more then enough for a lot of people to just use their phones now instead of carrying a digi cam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.