iPhone "No Service" after 1 month of working perfectly fine/

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psycholistic, Nov 17, 2010.

1. psycholistic macrumors newbie

Hi all.
    I got my iphone 4 about a month or month and a half ago I bought it factory unlocked and everything has worked wonderfully since there. I used the phone today all day made several calls with no problem and a little while later I picked it up and it said "No Service" I live directly under the tower so I know its not a weak signal area and I have never had reception issues before ( except in the mall where I get no signal at all) I rebooted the phone, pulled the sim, toggled airport mode, deleted and reset network settings... Nothing. No signal. I thought maybe it was because of the jail break so I backed up (Have problems with this as well ) and restored to factory settings, still nothing "No service" I want to try a different sim but i dont have a spare one to chop up to fit the micro-sim slot.

Also, on a side note. before I did the restore I did a backup with Itunes. The backup went fine all my apps and programs were backed up apparently, but when I try to reinstall the backup in Itunes it starts, gets about half way finished then says " Cannot restore backup because backup cannot be saved on this computer" which is stupid because the backup IS Saved on the computer.

Anyhow, I have no idea what to do next.
    if its a hardware issue then im out like 1,000 bucks because I dont live in a country where you can just return it and get a new one.

IF anyone can help I would be most greatfull.:apple:

2. seajay96 macrumors 6502

don't know about the backup issue, but for the no service, it's possible/probable that your network provider blocked your SIM. You would need to ask them if it is still in service.