iPhone North American AT&T phone plan work in Puerto Rico?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macaco74, Sep 18, 2008.

1. macaco74 macrumors regular

Does anyone have any experience with using the iphone 3g with the North American plan in PR? Are both voice and data included in the basic plan or only the voice?

AT&T, surprisingly, could not easily tell me - it seems as if the voice is included but text messages and data are not. Although, I thought the text messages went through on the voice band and not data.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

at&t treats Puerto Rico like the rest of the US. There should be no problem with data or voice, since at&t used to have a network there, and now has a roaming agreement with the company they sold their network to.

TEG

3. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

Voice/texts are free in PR, just like in the rest of the US. Not sure about data, but I am assuming it is free as well.

4. macaco74 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks! I will leave data roaming off and see what happens! Appreciate the feedback.

5. macaco74 thread starter macrumors regular

I am here in PR and have data roaming turned off. I have edge and 3g and data comes to my phone anyway. I am assuming that it means it is included otherwise, with data roaming off, I should only have voice.

Is that correct?