iPhone not connecting to iTunes since moving over to a new Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by comics addict, Dec 8, 2015.

1. comics addict macrumors 6502a

I manually migrated over my iTunes library to a new MacBook Air that I bought. I normally setup my iPhone to sync wirelessly but I have encountered a problem when I connect it wired to the computer where the iPhone keeps emitting the connected sound in a loop never quite being recognized by iTunes (latest version 12.3.1) and iOS 9.1 (even 9.2 exhibit the problem) Weird thing is that wirelessly it shows up just fine. The problem only happens when it's wired. Stupidly thought that it must be a wireless sync issue with the new iTunes and so managed to uncheck the sync wirelessly and as you would guess now the phone isn't been recognized at all by my Mac and keeps in this sound loop. Reason was the first time I experienced this that problem was shortly resolved by doing just that. Restarting the phone and machine doesn't solve the issue either. Am now in recovery mode the iPhone and am downloading the the .ipsw file to install on the iPhone hoping that it resolves the issue. If not I might conclude something got screwed with my iTunes library or the last update. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

The connected/not-connected loop has been caused by a defective lightning cable every time I've seen it.

4. comics addict thread starter macrumors 6502a

That might explain it because I just got off the phone with Apple and the advisor alluded to something like that. Funny thing is that I also tried it with another cable on another pc and it gave me the same problem. Used that same secondary cable on my Mac this evening and I managed to restore my iPhone via iTunes. I have to see how to get my cable exchanged since where I live there are no apple stores. Got my iPhone from my carrier so does anyone know if they change defective accessories as well? I'm a T-Mobile customer.