iPhone "not delivered"on IMessage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hectorlito, Aug 27, 2012.

1. hectorlito macrumors newbie

So I have been getting the red circle and not delivers sign on my iMessages whenever I send a text to certain friends of mine with iPhones but that doesn't happen to all my friends with iPhones. I'm wondering if it has something to do with their phones as well or apple Id. Any help would be great.
    Thanks.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Are they all on iOS 5.1.1 and all not jailbroken?

3. hectorlito thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes and yes to that. It only comes up with three of my friends and then there is nothing with some others. It started randomly, I should also mention that I noticed it only happens when my MacBook is open.

4. terpguy macrumors newbie

I've been having the same problem. When I send a message from my iPhone to certain friends also with an iPhone, it says Not Delivered. But in reality the message does get delivered. I can't figure it out.

5. 3GEE macrumors regular

3GEE

Mine will do this sometimes with colleagues at work with iPhones. We have some areas at work where there is little to no reception. If I send a text to them from a good signal area and they are in a no reception area I will get the red dot. If they are in a spot with very little reception it will first try imessage then it will send as a SMS message.

They tell me that when they walk into an area with better reception they will receive all the texts at once.

The iMessage works fantastic in my opinion but it seems to struggle if one of the phones is in a poor reception area.

6. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I get that a lot where I work. The reception is in my building and the area it's in, is horrible. It will toggle between iMessage and text msg. and I also will sometimes get the sent error. If that happens in a good signal area, I reboot my phone and it usually clears up the sending/recv issues.

7. hectorlito thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the thing is I have decent service. Three bars. But I have has this phone for a while and that never happened until maybe two weeks ago. So why would that happen all of a sudden?