iPhone NOT USING LTE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcdonoughdr, Sep 21, 2012.

1. mcdonoughdr macrumors member

According to AT&T I am within LTE converge but its only displaying 4G not LTE...

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

3. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

I'm in an LTE area but sometimes that signal is weak and it switches back to 4g.

The map doesn't exactly show you how weak the signal is in particular areas, and I bet some of those areas covered, only get coverage if you are standing outside on the roof.

4. J.L.Photography macrumors 6502

i think its normal, i had 4g in my condo, near the beach, then as i drove away and went to the gym, i had LTE..

5. jargon51 macrumors 6502

Is is supposed to show you? Mine only says ATT and bars? I have LTE turned on and there is LTE in my area

6. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

This is happening to me. It's bothering me. It's probably cause I'm on the edge of coverage though.

7. Abandapart82 macrumors member

Where can I find a coverage map? I'm in the Bay Area(Vallejo) and LTE is available in the city and Sacramento. Wonder if it reaches me.

8. tokiidokii macrumors regular

yes it's suppose to show you. mine says att 4g but that's coz i'm not in an lte area. if it's lte, it should say att lte.

i saw someone post earlier saying they're in an lte area but his phone only showed 4g so he called an att rep and they said that it had to do with his upgrade (only 4g or w/e was activated on their end or something). the rep did something then told him to turn his phone off and on and that fixed it.

9. wellok macrumors 6502

Did you try rebooting? Mine wasn't using it until I did and now it's fine.

10. jargon51 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the response. I may have to give them a call.

11. renesandy macrumors regular

renesandy

Mine took like a few minutes to acquire the LTE signal, haven't lost it since.
    :D

12. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

13. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

I'm in an LTE area. Los Angeles. LTE is turned on in settings. I've rebooted. Still only says 4G.

14. stoney05 macrumors regular

the same thing happened to me all i seen was "4G". I called AT&T and they fixed it in about 3 mins.

Heres my speediest: :D
    http://youtu.be/TXH2T2o6gj8

15. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

This happened to me when I got my ATT iPad (LTE). Only said 4G the first day. The next day I did a soft reboot, turned on cellular data, and drove to work, leaving it on the whole time.

On the way across town (Glendale, AZ to Tempe, AZ) LTE came on and it seemed to be locked on since. I haven't had an issue connecting to LTE from then on.

Just anecdotal, but maybe a soft reboot might help -- even taking your new toy for a drive. ;)

16. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

LOL...you believe them? :p

17. foolycooly macrumors newbie

same issue here (i'm well within a completely solid LTE area). I just called at&t and they were not able to help. They said I am on the LTE unlimited data plan (rolled over) and am well within coverage. I'm going to wait and see if it kicks on once I move around the area more (only been in my home so far).

I've had 4 bars the whole time.

18. beinhorn macrumors member

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Make sure you're using the correct iphone lte plan in order to connect to LTE.
    Also try a reboot.

20. beinhorn macrumors member

not all of los angeles has LTE. just talked with att. my home address no LTE but my work has it

21. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Exactly, I just found this out. The West San Fernando Valley, where I live, does NOT have LTE. Over the hill in Hollywood, West LA, etc, does. This is a huge deal for me and I am returning the phone, canceling, and switching to Verizon.

22. walangij macrumors 6502

I had the same issue. Try rebooting. Charging the phone helps too. I noticed my 4G disappeared when my phone battery went lower.

23. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Try resetting your network settings from the Settings app. LTE didn't show up for me until I did that.