iPhone Notes & Mail in OS X Lion.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SRLMJ23, Dec 29, 2011.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Hi all! I have a problem with mail in OS X and I've been to that forum and got no answer so I figured id try this forum.

My iPhone notes are showing up in my inbox in Mail AND under the Notes tab (like they should be) so I am wondering why they are showing up in my inbox too. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

If you created a note inside Mail on your Mac ... it will show up in the inbox. This is when you click on the Notes button on the toolbox section.

I have a few that I created on my Mac in Mail and they are in the inbox too.

I'm guessing if you have .Mac/MobileMe synced that you have a folder for .Mac and one for iCloud or iPhone notes sync. You can drag the notes to the folder that says On The Mac, to remove them from your inbox.

I'm assuming this is from that last merge of iCal and stuff. It created two folders for iCal and for Mail notes. Basically anything that needed to be synced. Which is why I'm afraid of what will happen when June 2012 comes. Its a mess now, I'm banking it will be more of a mess. MobileMe/.Mac