Iphone notifications still happening with watch on

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by shearm, Jul 11, 2017.

1. shearm macrumors member

shearm

Hi all,

Im using a third-party email app -- Newton -- and with ios11 beta 3, watch os4 beta 2 -- and when I get an email, I get a notification on my watch and on my phone, even though the phone is locked. I believe that the phone should detect that I have my watch on and silence the notification, right?

anyone else having this problem?

mike

2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Yes, I noticed this too. I’m unpairing my watch and repairing as I type this. I’ll report back after a few hours of getting notifications.

3. zone23 macrumors 68000

a problem with a beta? get out a here.. does it work as intended on iOS 10?

4. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Don't do this. He's trying to figure out if it's an issue to report or not. It's also useful to know for those of us contemplating downloading the public beta. Responding to every question with "it's a beta" is obnoxious.

5. shearm thread starter macrumors member

shearm

exactly. don't want to waste Apple's time if it's just a pairing / settings issue with my particular setup. but if multiple people are having the same issue, it's worth reporting.

also, it it helps, I restored my phone and set up as a new phone because the restore from iCloud backup got all screwed up. so seems like maybe there's an incomplete pairing issue when I re-paired the phone / watch.

thanks