iPhone on New Computer - Sync?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CoachStall, Dec 24, 2011.

1. CoachStall macrumors 6502

CoachStall

So i have a new computer and want to get my iphone working on it.

I go to sync some new apps i downloaded on itunes (to computer) and hit sync apps and it tells me that it will remove all apps and data that are not on this computers itunes.

How do i avoid losing my current iphone apps and data for these apps if they are not on my new computers itunes?

I think i know the answer...back up to the new computer and transfer purchases option?

2. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think u should be fine unless you want music from 2 computers. In that case find program So u. Can take it off your phone then put it on New pc then add all music

3. CoachStall thread starter macrumors 6502

CoachStall

4. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you paid for them can't u get them from whenever u log on???? Like log on and view purchased stuff on ur new pc. I Thot u could see all the apps u ever had

5. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

If you sync your iPhone to your new computer you will lose all the data you have on your phone, so I would hold off until a better solution is recommended.

Something I found: