iPhone on T-Mobile - Advise needed for a person who isnt very technically savvy :-(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dabs1974, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Dabs1974 macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I have been reading quite a few forums here on the T-Mobile on iPhone debacle.

I have a really good tarriff with T Mobile where I get 750 free mins for £15 and would rather not lose this by swtiching to the obscene prices that O2 offer.

You all seem to have tons of experience on the matter and I was hoping to get some advice.

Now that the iPhone has come out in France "unlocked", is it a better idea to buy it from there for use in the UK on T-mobile?

Or is it cheaper and the same thing to buy it from the US and unlock it for use in the UK?
    I am quite confused about the US iPhone option as it seems unlocking it disables some of functionality of the phone?
    Also how does one go about unlocking a US phone? what is the best version to buy?

For those who have O2 does it work out to be a good deal with all the free data downloads you get?

Any advise would greatly be appreciated :)

Thanks very much (in advance)

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I don't *think* T-Mobile UK have an EDGE network at all, so browsing would beyond horribly slow.

GPRS data most definitely not FTW.