iphone on tmobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mayathelabrador, Oct 14, 2012.

1. mayathelabrador macrumors newbie

I want an iphone but I dont want a contract and want to stick with Tmobile, Is the factory unlocked iphone 4s a better option than buying a used ATT phine and having it unlocked for Tmobile? That unlock process looks like a pain!

2. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Factory Unlocks are about $10-20 on eBay, but beware who you buy it from.

If you can find a "locked" AT&T phone on eBay then factory unlock it, you can save a bunch of money.

Also, on TMobile, you will be stuck on EDGE and no 3G.

3. mayathelabrador thread starter macrumors newbie

I found a 1 month old iPhone 4s 64gb AT&T for $400, I am just womdering if it is worth saving money if it is gong to be such a hassle. Ive read online that some people have had to wait a week for ATT to unlock it.

4. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

AT&T won't unlock a iphone that is under 24 months in the contract.

You have to do it through ebay or applenberry

If you try to buy an unlocked iphone 4s from eBay, it will cost significantly more.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. mayathelabrador thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help-

the ebay IMEI unlock made me kind of nervous (don't want strangers having that kind of personal access). I bought a month old 4s in excellent condition from a guy for only $400 (black, 64GB) and he called up AT&T as we were doing the deal and they factory unlocked it immediately. I just had to buy a $20 micro SIM from T-Mobile (RIP OFF!) and now my phone is working great with no- contract monthly T- Mobile. Getting mostly EDGE speeds but 3G does pop up occasionally. The great thing about factory unlock is that I can send and receive MMS and do FaceTime over cellular. GPS is working great too. Siri is a sexy b!tch. Cheers! :)

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced