iPhone on TMobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kvizzel, Feb 15, 2013.

1. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

iPhones on TMobile are starting to get 3G instead of Edge in some areas. Does anyone know if the Unlimited 4G Nationwide data plan ($20 for the value plan) work with the iPhone? and if it will get the 3G speeds?

Thanks!

2. Iceboie macrumors member

I was asking the same question yesterday since I bought myself a iPhone 3GS for my Tmo plan and I'm only getting E for Edge speeds so far. Rumors are that Tmo will have their own iPhone idevices next month March and we will see what will Tmo say. Stay tuned...

3. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Any of T-Mobile's plan with work with the iPhone. Whether or not you get 3G/"4G" coverage depends on if your area has been refarmed yet.

4. kvizzel thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, even though the plan says "Unlimited 4G only on TMobile network" or something along those lines my iPhone 4 is able to get 3G in areas.

It's amazingly fast and a change from edge. I get about 6mbps download speed. In about a day I used over 2GB and TMobile hasn't said a thing yet.

Before that I had the 2GB plan for $10 that throttles, also worked with 3G then throttled to slower than edge lol.

5. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

In re-farmed areas you will get TRULY unlimited HSPA+ data, assuming you have the unlimited nationwide 4G plan.

They will not cap it. You'll also have unlimited EDGE with that plan, and if your on the iPhone 5 you'll have unlimited LTE once they turn it on.

6. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

There's a thread here on our very own MacRumours that is here for the purpose of seeing which areas have been refarmed so far. I'd suggest taking a look for your area.

7. kvizzel thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's awesome and it's so cheap. Hopefully if it ever changes I'll get grandfathered in, and when LTE comes out I'll get the 5, or whatever is out by then.