iPhone Online Orders being delayed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by unplugme71, Sep 30, 2013.

1. unplugme71 macrumors 68030

I had ordered my iPhone 5S on launch day. I was told 7-10 days for delivery estimating October 2nd - 7th. Now I log on, and it says October 8th - 11th.

Anyone else getting their deliveries delayed?

2. Exio macrumors regular

There is a Chinese holiday which is suspect to have pushed back all orders to the 8-11 range.

3. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I was both GLAD to find a 16 GB white/silver 5s for my wife at the Apple store this Saturday and PISSED that so many people, myself included, had orders online that were being ignored.

4. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

glad i got mine at the store on launch day then

5. stevechavez9 macrumors newbie

It's said that since I ordered

I'm not wild about it, but it has said 7-10 business days since I ordered just after midnight on the 20th. It's not unusual for a shipper to take another 5 business days for shipper when sending through UPS ground. It's a long wait. In the past, Apple was a company who was very nice about making sure that those of us who placed our orders would get it right on launch day. Those days are long gone.

6. unplugme71 thread starter macrumors 68030

makes sense.. would be nice if Apple knew about this ahead of time. Afterall, they are an International company with a strong presence there.

7. stevechavez9 macrumors newbie

Shipped!

Sure enough. Mine shipped this morning at 3:33 am from China. Accordingly to UPS, it should arrive by Tuesday, October 8. Can't wait!