iPhone or physical alarm lock?

iPhone or physical alarm clock?

• I use only my phone

Votes: 59 67.8%
  • I use an alarm clock or clock radio that is not a phone

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • I use my phone but have a clock or clock radio also.

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Don't use either.

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Has the iPhone hurt the alarm clock, clock radio industry?
How many of you use your phone to wake you up in the morning?
How many use a device like a clock or an alarm radio?
If you use your iPhone to wake you up, do you still have a physical clock?
I used a really great app with a charging base made by Kensington for my alarm clock because it stood up and showed the time, but the lightning connector made that option obsolete for me, so I bought a cheap clock radio for my night table so I could see what time it was if I beat the alarm when waking.

Last edited:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
iPhone only for me. Work perfectly and never fail to get me out of the bed. I remember when the power would go off and the old alarm would not go off, not anymore. I can even forget to put my iPhone on the charger and it still wakes me up 5 days a week!

The alarm clock makers need to find another way to make money!

Shuri

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2011
iPhone. Nothing better than coming home late and not being able to calculate the current time plus 8.5 hours anymore and just to let Siri do the work. :D

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
I have a Sony dock and clock because I like to know what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night. Some would say well just grad your phone and look at it, as true as that is the wife's arms just aren't that long. All that being said the Sony I have is also a lighting connector dock. It syncs the clock with the phone and you can use music on the phone to wake up to. I think anyway I don't use the clock as an alarm I use my iPhone. So I basically use it as a dock and a clock. It has a remote control too so you can control music from your device. Its pretty nice.

This One:
http://store.sony.com/clock-radio-for-ipod-zid27-ICFC11IP/BLK/cat-27-catid-All-iPod-Clocks-Speaker-Docks

Shanghaichica

macrumors G4
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I use my phone. I'm surprised that people still use dedicated alarms. Even before I got my first smartphone in 2009, I was using the alarms on the dumb phones I had. I think the last time I must have used a dedicated alarm clock was around 2003.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Alarm clock.

Between the time several years ago when my iPhone 3G bricked itself in the middle of the night, and all of the DST bugs iOS has had over the years, I don't trust my iPhone to wake me up when I tell it to.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Been using my iPhones alarm 6 days a week for nearly 3 years. Never had a problem.

saudor

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Combination of iPhone and iPad. Sometimes both if i /must/ get up at a certain time (siri is useful here in configuring both at the same time)

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
iPhone-only since 2007. It's never missed an alarm for me.

I have an alarm clock on my night stand, mostly so I can see the time and use the radio. Totally forgot how to set an alarm on it though. :)

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
iPhone-only since 2007. It's never missed an alarm for me.

I have an alarm clock on my night stand, mostly so I can see the time and use the radio. Totally forgot how to set an alarm on it though. :)
Bingo - EXACTLY our situation. Pretty sure I would need to call a help desk to set the alarm - but at home and in hotels we use the clock to see what time it is in the middle of the night.

I7guy

macrumors Core
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I thought some of the early lcd watches that predate the popularity of the mobile phone, started the trend of putting alarm clocks out of business.

I do use the alarm clock on my iphone currently though.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Phone & Stock alarm. It's easy and fast to have multiple alarms. Tried some fancy alarm clock apps but eh I just need to wake up so I'm keeping stock.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I have a speech recognition clock...so I just have to tell it to turn off the alarm.

Then I tell it what I think of it... in extremely colorful terms!:eek: