iPhone Ordering Disaster

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vee623, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Vee623 macrumors newbie

I needed to vent and to see if anyone else is experiencing such an issue with getting the new iPhone.

I work in NYC and ordered the 16GB White iPhone 4S (AT&T) to be shipped to my job on October 26th. According to fedex it was delivered and signed for on Nov 10th, except no one here had received a package. (There is a receptionist here at all times, have had dozens of packages delivered to the office, have NEVER had an issue... I ordered extra items within the same order from Apple and those arrived fine in 2 seperate shipments). To make a long story short, it was delivered to the wrong place and was sent back to CA on November 12th and arrived in CA on November 14th. It took Apple 4 days to find it amongsnt the other shipments they have and I was notified by email it was found on November 17th. Today, November 21st, I receive a phone call from Apple that the box arrived to their warehouse, EMPTY. They are going to have to start the process all over again and order me a new phone from Hong Kong. So all in all, the phone was stolen somewhere through the delivery system and its going to be over a month to get a new one. Has anyone else had such a problem??

2. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

why is it going to be over a month?

sorry your order got messed up :(

3. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sorry to hear about all this. Hope everything gets sorted out quickly for you, but why a month for them to send you another phone?

4. Vee623 thread starter macrumors newbie

I meant over a month total since the day I ordered, Oct. 26th.. to whenever they send me a new one... 1 to 2 weeks from now.

5. darknyt macrumors 6502a

The circumstances suck to be sure, sorry.

But timing is almost that bad for a lot of orders. I know mine is 21-28 days.