iPhone, overcharing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mark28, Dec 11, 2011.

1. mark28 macrumors 68000

Samsung is the leader in smartphones and 2nd in phones overall after Nokia. So how does Apple produce such insane profits if they don't beat Samsung on sales?

I think we are all paying way too much. And this profit comes after giving it's top employees $50 million bonuses each :D

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

That's your opinion.

However, it only makes sense. If you sell a product with a higher profit margin, you can turn better profits than the other guys that sell more stuff, but have a lower profit margin.

It's not paying too much, it's paying for quality.

3. Thnkdifferent macrumors member

Thnkdifferent

You get what you pay for. Hold a samsung phone in your hand then pick up an iPhone.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

There's a huge difference between my iPhone and my HTC Evo and it was considered a top of the line phone. In reality, however, it's a cheap piece of plastic.

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Androids are cheaply made and the UI is unfriendly for most. However, when you pick up an iPhone, your senses convey craftsmanship like no other phone out there. Apple's UI is user-friendly. Navigating is effortless and the layout is well thought through.

Yes, there are features on Android that could me implemented in iOS5, but what I mentioned above outweigh them all.

Lastly, look at all the 3rd Party accessories that cater to the iPhone. I've never seen so much branding displayed towards Android phones.

6. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

because apple beat other phone company on all feature/design

. model look better
    . battery life better
    . wifi speed better
    . game graphic better
    . apps more and more
    . storage 64 GB internal bigger
    . popular , half of earth now using apple iphone

so why i have to buy droid , of course i pick iphone apple.com

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

None of those explain why Apple is making more in profit per device than its competitors.

8. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

He's a troll.. he obviously thinks a 64GB iPhone 4s has a longer battery life than the ones with less memory.. hehe..

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

As for Apple's profits, don't the cell carriers pay more for each iPhone sold from Apple, than they do for an Android phone? Based on article I read.

10. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

that right , because smart phone apple different than other company

comparing iphone , beating all phone company like samsung/lg and more ....

that why a phone cost more ........

11. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

You really have no clue, just stop!

12. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I joked about it before (in another thread), but now I honestly do believe you are former MacRumors user "iphonetoday"

Very similar style, but fortunately he was banned (and soon I hope you are as well).

(even the comma spacing is similar, too similar to be a coincidence)

13. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Much of what you have said is just your opinion. I'd say the N9 has better craftsmanship, and that Android is not unfriendly to the user, it's just not AS friendly as iOS or WP7 is. It's not the same thing.

14. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Yes, I agree. My comment on Android are based on an opinion and personal experience with the product itself. I would have never make a negative comment on the Android phones, if I hadn't had first hand experience.

But you have to also understand, that many here, have presented similar views on Androids. So it's not a personal attach on Androids, strictly criticism on user experience. Personally, the materials used on them, Androids, feel flimsy and cheap to say the least.

15. iSayuSay, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011

iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

That's your opinion OP?

Just ask Motorola, Samsung, HTC or even Nokia to build a smartphone (Android/WP7 based) with the quality of an iPhone on hardware side.

No plastic BS allowed on outer shell, it has to be made of either hardened glass or stainless steel/anodized aluminum.
    Internal memory has to be 16GB/32GB/64GB also.

And you may return here with the price, and we'll see if iPhone is actually overpriced or not, how about that? Fair enough.

Because last time I checked, competitor had a hard time competing with Macbook Air at its current price! For what it is (ultra thin albeit so so performance) .. MBA's price tag is actually normal!

Oh yeah, and if you want to see a real overpriced phone, you should bring up Vertu instead. It's a piss poor dumb phone wrapped on expensive material and sold for $8000!! You call iPhone overpriced? :rolleyes:

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

So the iPhone is better because it feels better and is made of glass:eek:

17. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

It's the overall user experience. The user experience and the quality and materials that go into producing the iPhone all play an integral part in consumer satisfaction. You have to admit, the iPhone for some reason, has cache compared to Androids.