iPhone Plan Cost ATT vs Verizon Single vs Family?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Starfyre, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Starfyre macrumors 68000

Starfyre

Assuming I am on a family plan with Tmobile and am thinking about jumping ship to AT&T or Verizon. Assuming that there is only a single iPhone on the entire family plan, rest is no data, just voice only with text, is it cheaper for just myself to hop over to AT&T or Verizon and have the rest of the family stay on Tmobile? Or is it cheaper for the entire family to get new phones from AT&T or Verizon?

If cheaper to have entire family on it, is it possible for me to get an iPhone myself from Apple.com, then add the other lines in and convert it to a family plan a few days after purchasing the iPhone?

In either case, is the cost of an iPhone reduced when being on a family plan compared to a single-line iPhone plan? Any numbers would be great!

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

The pricing is all on their websites for you to refer to at any time. No one's going to do your work for you. It's much faster to get the info yourself than to hope that someone posts a reply here.

3. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Single smartphone and the rest dumb phones you'd wanna go to AT&T while they still offer the older style plans.

But multi smart phones, Verizon all the way. It's much cheaper to pool and share data.

That said, if price was a consideration, I would think you'd stay with Tmo or go to Sprint...

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Sorry, I hate math too, but you're gonna have to put on your big. Oh panties and do the math yourself.

As to your other question, the prices of iPhones are set and don't change according to plans, so find the carrier with the best coverage (for you), and then find the plan/price point the meets your family's needs the best.

Enjoy your phone!