iphone preorder cancelled?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RobbySkateboard, Sep 16, 2012.

1. RobbySkateboard macrumors regular

I preordered my phone at like 12:15 PST on the 14th and it went through and I had the delivery set for the 21st. I checked again today and it said it was cancelled for some reason, is there anything I can do to fix this? I have plenty of money in my bank account where it would come from, so I have no clue why it would be cancelled, what can I do?

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

That's odd! I preordered mine literally at that exact time as well and mine just changed to "preparing for shipment" about ten minutes ago! Which model was it and did they ever take the money off your account, even just as a pending transaction?

3. RobbySkateboard thread starter macrumors regular

I got the black 32gb, and I'd have to go to my bank to check if they took out any pending money, I'm pretty pissed off right now because it's looking like I'm going to have to wait until like October to get my phone now, what can I do?

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

You can't check your account online? I'd call Apple Support. If that doesn't get you anywhere then you might as well camp out at an Apple Store, that's what I would do if I wasn't working the day before and day of the release.

5. soundwarp macrumors regular

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

This was common last year. Contact who you ordered it from.

7. RobbySkateboard thread starter macrumors regular

checked online, my available balance is $353.30 above the current balance, so it's clearly been taken out. And I have not missed a phone bill payment, so I'm obviously VERY upset and curious as to what's going on

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

The more time you waste posting here, the longer delay you'll have.

There are thousands of orders being placed as I write this, are you deliberately delaying your phone?

9. RobbySkateboard thread starter macrumors regular

I'm currently on hold with Apple right now trying to sort this out, so no, I'm not delaying

10. Idarrin96 macrumors member

What new

What happend what did apple say

11. RobbySkateboard thread starter macrumors regular

Apple said that AT&T stopped the charge for some reason, so I called AT&T and they were no help, they said I could re pre order but could only get it delivered like 2-3 weeks later, so I opted to say f you to them on the phone basically and I'll go in early on Friday and pick it up the old fashioned way, I'll call them back again and explain I'm very upset and want something in return for them ****ing me over considering I've been a customer of AT&T for over 10 years and have never missed a payment and been a good customer and explain that this is my first complaint and I'm pissed.

12. RobbySkateboard thread starter macrumors regular

sorry for the double post but if anyone was wondering about this I got it sorted out. AT&T might have canceled it, I'm not sure, but either way the first thing I did was call Apple who put the money back on my account (took the hold off of it) so I wouldn't be charged because they were showing canceled too, then AT&T told me it showed I already had one preordered so I checked apple.com and it was back to not being canceled with delivery on the 21s. I called AT&T this morning ready to be a dick, which is totally unlike me, but I was pretty upset that I had to now wait in line or wait 2-3 weeks for my phone that should have been here on time, so I was going to be a dick until they offered me some sort of compensation of my next bill or something like that to make up for their mistake (I know, I know, sleazy of me) but the lady on the customer support line was too nice, I couldn't go through with it, and luckily I couldn't or I would have looked like a dumbass AND a jackass because the order was back up somehow.

13. ZipZap macrumors 601

If you use your current iPhone and click the link in your confirmation email for your orders' status, the screen that appears shows the reason.

Mine was canceled because someone at ATT did not think I was eligible. I called premier and they looked at the order and said I did indeed qualify. They said they would restart the order and it would not loose its place.

So today I followed the link and it still shows cancelled. I called the premier folks and followed the phone tree. The recording said the order was processing and would ship in the next day.

So I presume they sorted it out. Perhaps they have assigned me a new order number not really sure. I will check tomorrow if nothing is different, I will cancel and go to ATT on Friday for a phone.