iPhone Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocknbuyer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2013
Does anyone here have an iPhone prototype? If you do would you mind posting pictures and talking about it a little? Thanks!

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
What is wrong with this thread? There are threads all of these forums discussing prototypes..
What we're seeing and discussing is mostly 3D-printed mockups and individual alleged pieces of the iPhone 6. I haven't seen any actual prototypes.

Rocknbuyer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2013
What we're seeing and discussing is mostly 3D-printed mockups and individual alleged pieces of the iPhone 6. I haven't seen any actual prototypes.
Uhh no. There are post about prototypes all over the forums. Search "prototype iPhone" in the search bar.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Uhh no. There are post about prototypes all over the forums. Search "prototype iPhone" in the search bar.
Uhh yes. I did. Like I said, these posts discuss parts leaks and printed dummy models, not actual, usable prototypes. Remember the prototype that was left in a bar a few years ago? That was an actual, usable model iPhone.

Rocknbuyer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2013
Actually this is not a troll thread, and there are post talking about "working" "functioning" prototypes. Obviously you haven't looked around the forums yet.

SpasticPat

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2011
Apollo, Pa
Actually this is not a troll thread, and there are post talking about "working" "functioning" prototypes. Obviously you haven't looked around the forums yet.
Actually, the only "prototypes" are clones of the iPhone 6 running Android. Maybe some top executives and testers at Apple have "functioning prototypes" of the actual iPhone 6 prototype, but unless one of them loses it in a bar, you're not going to see one or see a legitimate thread that has pictures of one. No one here has a functioning prototype and no one will unless someone loses one in a bar.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Perhaps links to some of these kinds of posts?

Camoxide

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2013
England
There isn't any. There's only a few leaked parts like the rear shell and the screen not even the motherboard let alone a fully assembled phone has been leaked. Anything else is an Android clone search "goophone"http://9to5mac.com/2014/07/18/cant-wait-until-september-the-goophone-i6-is-out-now-and-it-will-fool-your-friends/

Apple would swoop in and reclaim any lost prototypes in the wild.

Rocknbuyer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2013
Actually, the only "prototypes" are clones of the iPhone 6 running Android. Maybe some top executives and testers at Apple have "functioning prototypes" of the actual iPhone 6 prototype, but unless one of them loses it in a bar, you're not going to see one or see a legitimate thread that has pictures of one. No one here has a functioning prototype and no one will unless someone loses one in a bar.
I apologize. This post was not about iPhone 6 prototypes but iPhone prototypes in general. I don't know why everyone assumed I was referring to iPhone 6 prototypes.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Everyone take a deep breath before things are said that can't be taken back and end up hurting someone's feelings.
Unfortunately it seems like a lot of people just like to join on a mob mentality and pointlessly derail things and then even continue to do so when it becomes more likely that they might be incorrect after all.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Unfortunately it seems like a lot of people just like to join on a mob mentality and pointlessly derail things and then even continue to do so when it becomes more likely that they might be incorrect after all.
Despite the fact that I was the first one to try to offer him a reasonable reply. I guess he didn't want it.

It's easy to jump in after the fact and tell us how wrong we are.

Rocknbuyer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2013
Despite the fact that I was the first one to try to offer him a reasonable reply. I guess he didn't want it.

I made this post asking about iPhone prototypes. Why people like gathomblipoob automatically assumed I was referring to iPhone 6 prototypes, I have no clue. Why would I be talking about iPhone 6 prototypes? Trolls move on.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Why after the fact? Seems like it's still essentially continuing from various posters nonetheless, despite clarifications and explanations made earlier in the thread making it all fairly unnecessary, at least after that point.

As for your particular reply, despite it being reasonable, it seems that it was explained shortly afterward that the thread wasn't created to be about what you discussed in your reply. So it's not that it wasn't wanted, it's just that it wasn't what the thread was about. Nothing really wrong with that, except the continued digging and piling on by various posters even after all of that when it was fairly clear it wasn't really useful, let alone necessary.

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
Damn will you people leave the OP alone?! He's asking a legit question. I am actually VERY curious about prototype iPhones :) I like seeing pics of the lost iP4 prototype :)

So, leave the guy alone. This is OBVIOUSLY not a troll thread.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
I made this post asking about iPhone prototypes. Why people like gathomblipoob automatically assumed I was referring to iPhone 6 prototypes, I have no clue. Why would I be talking about iPhone 6 prototypes? Trolls move on.
Maybe your post should have been more clear and people would not have to make that assumption.

And, since one of your other posts talks about these all over the internet, why are you asking here?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors 604
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Damn will you people leave the OP alone?! He's asking a legit question. I am actually VERY curious about prototype iPhones :) I like seeing pics of the lost iP4 prototype :)

So, leave the guy alone. This is OBVIOUSLY not a troll thread.
Absolutely, my first impression when I read the OP was concerning actual Apple prototypes and I'm not sure why so many people jumped on the poor guy. Its kind of ruined what could have been an interesting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.