iPhone purchase through UK HE Site?

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2012
UK
When I bought my Mac, it was a no brainer; discount plus 3 years applecare free (minus the phone support).

However, are there any tangible benefits to ordering an iphone through the HE store? I can't see any..

wozza2k

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
I don't believe you have any benefits from ordering from the education store as it's a non educational item unlike the macbooks

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005
When I bought my Mac, it was a no brainer; discount plus 3 years applecare free (minus the phone support).

However, are there any tangible benefits to ordering an iphone through the HE store? I can't see any..
As far as I can tell the only difference is on AppleCare for the iPhone, which is £48 through the UK HE store instead of its usual £61 price.

EDIT: The official accessories also get a discount through the HE store, for example the Lightning to 30 pin adapter is £22.80 instead of its usual £25.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2012
UK
As far as I can tell the only difference is on AppleCare for the iPhone, which is £48 through the UK HE store instead of its usual £61 price.

EDIT: The official accessories also get a discount through the HE store, for example the Lightning to 30 pin adapter is £22.80 instead of its usual £25.
Thanks, yes went back and spotted the reduced accessories, given i'd be looking at the micro usb adaptor or two this would save me a couple of quid!

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
I bought two of the adaptors using the discount.

The only downside is the postage - it costs £4 for very slow delivery on any order under £80.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.