iPhone Purchasers: Birmingham, Alabama

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by kavika411, Jun 25, 2007.

1. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

So, are you going to come down to the Summit and infiltrate the "line"?

2. ajohns macrumors newbie

No. I will probably just stay at the AT&T Stores in Anniston and Jacksonville.
    -aj

3. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

4. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

Made it with 4 minutes to spare

We pulled up in the Summit parking lot and could see the line fromhalf a mile away.

From a rough guestament I would say there were 200-250 people in line, not counting the media and onlookers.

This is the first time I have tried to upload photos. I hope this works...

Attached Files:

5. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

The rest of the photos

The last one is my favorite.

We left before it started raining again.

The crowd was in good spirits and the employees at the door where nice to people coming up and asking questions.

One that I over heard: A guy comes up and and ask how many units they had for sale. The lady said she had no idea, but if he would like to buy one the line started D O W N >>>>> T H E R E >>>>. (See last photo.)

Attached Files:

6. raptor96 macrumors regular

Not sure if anyone's checking this thread anymore but those of you who were actually looking to purchase, I'd be curious to know how you fared w/ the lines and whether you ended up making out with an iPhone in the end?

7. GooMan macrumors regular

GooMan

Thanks for the pics. I wondered what the line @ The Summit would be like. :D

8. rjphoto macrumors 6502a

rjphoto

just did a quick check at http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/ and it seems that no stores have run out of iPhones yet.

Did I hear that they are staying open until MidNight?

9. kavika411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Someone suggested giving final line numbers for stores. At the Fairfield store, in which I was - yes - first in line as predicted (getting there at 1:45 p.m.), there were roughly 20 to 25 people in line. However, a few of those people were there for other matters. If anyone knows, I'd like to hear the final numbers for AT&T at Lakeshore.

10. Roller macrumors 68020

I didn't want to stand in line for hours, so I planned to buy online. Out of curiosity, I drove to the Apple store and got in line around 5:15, since the crowd didn't seem overwhelming. It moved quickly once they opened the doors, and I was out by around 6:30.

When I passed by around 8, the only line was inside the store. I suppose I could have waited until 9 and just walked in without a wait. I ended up fiddling around until 1 AM, mostly because of the activation issues that so many people had.