Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac2004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
I want to buy a iPhone 5 but I have a few questions..... I am not a gamer and only use my phone for email, internet, some texting (not heavy texter), watch YouTube videos, and photos (store and take).

Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, Walmart, or Best Buy?

What carrier should I sign up with?

How much data do I need per month just to browse internet, send emails, and watch You Tube vids.

16GB or 32GB?

Black or White?

4S or 5?

Estimated cost per month to own iphone?

Anything else to add?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Wow, that will be $20 per question. ^)

Too open ended. Tell us what u have/been paying in the past then we'll be able to offer any kind of targeted feedback.

Adults with permanent jobs on a budget and a stable phone usage (not doing everything and anything they try to sell you) should look at pre-paid plans but it does have an initial $600+ outlay, but saves$ over time.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
I have the 4s and I love it. I'm with sprint everything unlimited. The thing with sprint that the connection is a little slow when surfing the net. My bill is 102.00

Mac2004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
I would use phone for unlimited phone calling (only when away from home), some text (but not heavy texter like some people), storing and showing photos, taking photos or videos, Apps, and watching YouTube videos. This would be a 2nd phone and not my primary one as I have a landline at home I use. I would only use it for phone calls when away from home or in car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.