iPhone Recorded video shows black screen when played on 3GS, works otherwise

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KennethEd, Feb 16, 2010.

1. KennethEd macrumors newbie

I have a jailbroken 3GS. The other day I noticed that when I try to play videos recorded using the camera, the audio plays fine but the screen just goes black for the duration. The tracker at the top shows the full set of images as normal. When I transfer the video to my laptop or email it to someone it plays fine. This occurs with both recently recorded videos and older ones that I know worked as of two weeks ago (had not tried to play a recorded video again until now). Video content from the iTunes store plays fine. Regular pic taking works fine. I'm at a loss here.

I jailbroke my phone with Blackra1n several weeks ago and this is the first weird issue I have experienced. I have tried resetting the phone obviously and removing and replacing the videos, but don't want to restore and lose all my jailbreak stuff or be forced to upgrade to 3.1.3. Anyone else run into this issue? My iPhone works great otherwise.

2. KennethEd thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed by uninstalling TVTunerOut app

Turns out it was a glitch connected to a jailbroken app I have call TVTunerOut. This app wasn't creating problems before but apparently the last update screwed things up. I uninstalled it and everything seems to work now.