iPhone replacement help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by karrs, Feb 8, 2012.

1. karrs macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new to this site and need a little bit of help.

For a week now my iPhone 4S' external speaker wouldn't work other than when I would get a phone call. But the sound works perfectly fine when I had my headphones on. So I decided to go to the Apple Store and get it checked out. Everything was working fine except for that problem. The guy even cleaned the bottom port since there was lint in there. Still it didn't work. They didn't have any phones in stock at the moment so he said I'd get a new phone in 2-3 business days.

Later that same day my phone's external speaker began to work again but I still kind of want the new iPhone since my screen has a scratch that bothers me. So my question is, will they still give me the new phone even after the problem was fixed? Or will they check the phone again when I bring it for the exchange?

All answers are appreciated. Thanks

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Since you have already been allocated a new phone, simply box the old one when you go to collect the new one. I doubt they will even open the box.

3. DroidRules macrumors 65816

They already said they would replace it so why would they all of a sudden not?

Take better care of your replacement so you don't get another scratch on your screen, good luck.