iPhone replacement question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sootie, Jan 30, 2013.

1. sootie macrumors member

So My phone wasn't getting proper service in my house and I went through an entire war with att trying to solve the problem, long story short att sent me to apple who deemed the device faulty through internal diagnostics and worth free replacement. The rep set me up to go to a store tomorrow but just a few minutes ago I tripped and fell cracking the front screen of the iphone

my question is will apple replace the device for free now that the screen is cracked? I know they charge 229 for just run of the mill devices that just broke due to user error. The device still works fine its just that now its cracked

if anyone has experience something similar please advise

2. abz1981 macrumors 65816

It's hard to say really just be calm when you speak to the genius and explain exactly what happned and see if they do it for free still.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

they may not accept the device for replacement now unless you can still prove to them that the manufacturers defect was still present prior to the screen cracking. the 5 is still under its one year warranty against manufacturers defects, however now that the screen is cracked, they may deny it for free and charge you the $229.

4. sootie thread starter macrumors member