iPhone Replacement Under Warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by z3ke1r, Oct 8, 2014.

1. z3ke1r macrumors newbie

I recently had a hardware failure on my iPhone 4s (less than a year old still under warranty). After trouble shooting with Apple support and there being no Apple stores or authorized dealers within 100 miles of my location they decided to send me a refurb and send a box to my door so I can send them my old device. My question is do I have to send in the old phone in order for them to send the refurb? Just wondering if they just issue the refurb automatically or if you have to send the old one before they will mail the new one (I'd like to keep the old one for spare parts if possible).

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Not sure how it works but Yes you have to send your phone once you get the replacement. Otherwise they will charge you.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

They give you so many days to return the old device or they will charge your credit card. Sorry but you can't have it both ways.

4. techspin macrumors 6502a

If you're requesting a repair, they will want to see your phone first before they repair/replace.

5. z3ke1r thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I figured I had to, I wonder how they will charge me I never gave them my CC info, although it may be already associated with my Apple ID. So just to be clear though it seems that they will still send my replacement before they get my phone they will just charge me afterword if they don't get it within a certain amount of time?

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

thats exactly how

7. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

But if you didn't provide CC info, you didn't setup an advance exchange. So most likely its expected that you send in the device first before they send out a replacement.

8. aristobrat macrumors G5

This page might help explain things:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/index?p...tes&product=iphone&select=ADVANCE_REPLACEMENT

It also has a section about late fees...

9. z3ke1r thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh thanks for the links that answers my question, wont be keeping the old one :rolleyes::rolleyes: