iPhone resale question

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Ok so I have a Sprint iPhone 4 8GB,jailbroken,thats still under contract. I don't really want the iPhone 5,so I figured that I wait for the 5 to come out,sell my 4 for maybe,$300,$350 on eBay,& then buy a 4S since it'll be pretty cheap.
My only question is can I do this? Can I sell a phone that is still under contract? Will I have to add a new line?

I just kinda want some insight

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
The phone is not under contract, it's the actual service that you have to maintain.

----------

Ok so I have a Sprint iPhone 4 8GB,jailbroken,thats still under contract. I don't really want the iPhone 5,so I figured that I wait for the 5 to come out,sell my 4 for maybe,$300,$350 on eBay,& then buy a 4S since it'll be pretty cheap.
My only question is can I do this? Can I sell a phone that is still under contract? Will I have to add a new line?

I just kinda want some insight
The 4s and 4 are pretty much the same phone.

lejudicieux

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2010
The 4s and 4 are pretty much the same phone.
Please ignore this user's input, they do not know what they're talking about.

Some, but not all, of the obvious benefits that the 4S has over the 4 are listed below:

1. The 4S has a next generation A5 SoC, while the 4 only has the A4 which is also included in the 3GS.
  2. The 4S has an 8 MP rear camera, the 4 only has a 5 MP rear camera.
  3. The 4S will receive turn-by-turn navigation and Facetime over 3G with the iOS 6 upgrade this Fall.
  4. The 4S has Siri, the 4 does not.
  5. When iOS 7 comes out next Fall, it can be assumed that the 4 will receive little upgrades in comparison to the 4S.