iPhone Resell by Gazelle?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bradllez, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Bradllez macrumors 6502

Bradllez

Greetings chaps,

I was wanting to trade in my iPhone for a good bit of cash. The most trusted dealer seems to be Gazelle by many opinions. So I was wondering if this forum could also give their two cents on the service if they used it.

Is it good? Is it worth it? Blah blah blah?

2. LoEdge macrumors member

I had a bad experience with them, they priced my 3gs on the site for say 150 (im not sure of the exact number) and then when they received the phone they sent me an email saying that they could only give me half of that, so i told them to send the phone back to me and they did, however when i got it back they put a huge white sticker on the back of it that took 2+ hrs of scrubbing to get off....i would go with amazon sold phones on there for almost double of what gazelle will give you with no problems.

3. Uln4321 macrumors regular

I've heard many times them offering people $100+ and then when they receive it they claim it has water damage and will only pay $1. It happened to a family member of mine as well. I'm going is amazon tradein. They offer as much as the average eBay listing prices without the hassle!

4. irishgreenapple macrumors member

Can you get cash back from Amazon though or is it just Amazon credit?

5. TableSyrup macrumors 6502

Really ... ??

Are you trying to sell it for as little as possible?

Why sell it to a reseller that needs to profit?

Why not just go straight to the end user and get more money for it?

Post it on Craigslist.

6. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Only amazon credit :( lucky I use amazon all the time :D

7. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I've heard much better things about eBay instant sale.
    I've also used them.

Amazon only gives Amazon credit -- no cash.

8. LoEdge macrumors member

Amazon gives you cash if you sell it on their marketplace(list the item on your account) they give you amazon credit if you do the instant sale. I put my iphone 4 up there for 5 bucks less then the lowest price($275) and it sold in 25 min.

9. Bradllez thread starter macrumors 6502

Bradllez

I am going to try out the eBay instant sale.

I will report back here during the whole process.

10. iRabbit macrumors 6502

11. Jnyce macrumors regular

12. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

I'm definitely going with eBay Instant Sale. At this point, they seem to have the best price (compared with Gazelle or Glyde), and they provide shipping labels and don't charge any fees.

13. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Craigslist provides a better chance of getting a decent value, plus you don't have to worry about shipping. Meet at Starbucks, exchange the cash, deal done. That's nice. But you have to be willing and able to fend off scammers and the occasional weirdo.

14. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Gazelle has had my iPad for over two weeks, and I have live chatted with a representative multiple times. They still have my iPad but I don't have my money. Consider me perturbed.

15. Khryz macrumors 6502a

What about just selling it back to Apple?

Can you just bring the iPhone to an Apple Store and do it there?

16. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Gazelle is well liked by the people I work with.

At least six people I know have used them. It's super easy since Gazelle sends you a box to ship it in & pays the fee.

Average time to get paid was around five days. Everyone but two were paid what they were quoted. The other two both got $30 more, due to the excellent condition of their phones. Getting a check made it easy & risk free.

I'd use them, but I prefer to give mine to a family member or a friend. That's my tradition.

17. iRabbit macrumors 6502

I'm quoting myself because someone said eBay instant was a better deal. Um, no. LOL

... and even if you don't buy a lot of video games you still get more (if the $200 from EBay Instant is correct). Plus, you don't have to have original packaging or give them your sync cable (even in "like new" condition) to get the prices I quoted.

Mine was the 16gb black AT&T.