iPhone Reservation Saturday @ 8am

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Juan007, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

From the Apple site - "Reservations will reopen at 8:00 a.m. on September 17."

8am Pacific Time, right? Anyone else setting their alarms?

2. vdawgs22 macrumors member

is this for new upgrade customers too? or just people currently enrolled in the program?

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I think it is actually 8AM in whatever timezone you are in. If this is like the past, at 8 AM the apple stores will update their stock. It would do you no good to search a Pacific Time zone store at 8 AM EST, but you would not want to wait until 8 AM PST if you are on the East coast. Make sense?

Also, this could be greatly affected by the changes they made for people on the IUP. It clearly crushed any stock for walk in customers, so I would not be surprised if nothing was able to be reserved at 8am on saturday.

4. Looney01 macrumors regular

If I make a reservation do I have to collect it within 30 mins of making the reservation??

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I'm sure it is a very small window. If you are late, I would think they would give your phone to someone else.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2016 ---
    It should be for anyone. That is how it has worked in the past. It is truly just a reservation to buy the phone you want.

6. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

In the past you paid online for in store pickup. They call it a reservation. Then the phone would be held for 1 week. I may be wrong but I don't think this has changed.

7. Looney01 macrumors regular

I don't live in the US. My brother in law is going to be in Hong Kong in the 24th. I want to make a reservation and have him collect the phone for me. Do you think that will be possible?

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I guess no one will know until 8am. If it makes you pick a time, you have a window and probably have a very limited time to pick the phone up. If you buy the phone and it is truly store pick up, it is typically a week like you said.

9. vdawgs22 macrumors member

what is the reservation link to monitor to see if it comes online at 8am...

10. SHKLMRE macrumors 6502

This seems to be my only hope at getting an iPhone 7 this weekend, without camping out.

11. ventmore macrumors 6502

It's 06:00 in the UK.