Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afrocleland

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow
Hello there,

Like many, I'm a little uneasy about this whole "Scuffgate" debacle. Does anyone know the official line for whether or not I can take back my black iP5 and swap it for a white one?

TBH I was on the fence with colours before this, but now I'm thinking I should go for white!

Cheers!

Big.Mac.Daddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
Buy from Apple, I believe you get 30-days in the states with no questions asked. Other retailers might charge you a restocking fee.

afrocleland

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow
That sounds promising! I did buy from Apple store, but in the UK. I'd imagine the policy to be the same? Anyone else thinking of swapping?

ArztMac

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
That sounds promising! I did buy from Apple store, but in the UK. I'd imagine the policy to be the same? Anyone else thinking of swapping?

It's only 14 days no questions asked in Germany, same for both local Apple Stores as well as the Online Store...

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I'm also considering the switch from black to white because
1: I think it'll hold up better in the long run
2: after looking at the white in the store it has a better presence and the aluminum looks more like my MBP
3: my wife will get the phone next year and she will probably enjoy the color change.

I bought mine from AT&T so I have to mail it back and wait for a replacement. Trying to find a way around that...

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
I live in the UK. I'm thinking if we need to return the iPhone 5 and there is none in stock until 3-4 weeks time by that time our returns policy would have ran out. Do you see where I'm coming from? What happens then?!?

afrocleland

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow
Good point! Maybe they would give us a note or something. I really don't want to have spent £600 on something that'll look worn out after a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.