iPhone Return/Exchange Policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by afrocleland, Sep 24, 2012.

1. afrocleland macrumors member

Hello there,

Like many, I'm a little uneasy about this whole "Scuffgate" debacle. Does anyone know the official line for whether or not I can take back my black iP5 and swap it for a white one?

TBH I was on the fence with colours before this, but now I'm thinking I should go for white!

Cheers!

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Buy from Apple, I believe you get 30-days in the states with no questions asked. Other retailers might charge you a restocking fee.

3. afrocleland thread starter macrumors member

That sounds promising! I did buy from Apple store, but in the UK. I'd imagine the policy to be the same? Anyone else thinking of swapping?

4. ArztMac macrumors regular

ArztMac

It's only 14 days no questions asked in Germany, same for both local Apple Stores as well as the Online Store...

5. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I'm also considering the switch from black to white because
    1: I think it'll hold up better in the long run
    2: after looking at the white in the store it has a better presence and the aluminum looks more like my MBP
    3: my wife will get the phone next year and she will probably enjoy the color change.

I bought mine from AT&T so I have to mail it back and wait for a replacement. Trying to find a way around that...

6. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

I live in the UK. I'm thinking if we need to return the iPhone 5 and there is none in stock until 3-4 weeks time by that time our returns policy would have ran out. Do you see where I'm coming from? What happens then?!?

7. afrocleland thread starter macrumors member

Good point! Maybe they would give us a note or something. I really don't want to have spent £600 on something that'll look worn out after a month.